Creamy, sweet, and bursting with fruity flavors, this Strawberry Ginger Smoothie is perfect morning treat. It’s refreshing and delicious, but also packed with nutrients and immune-boosting VITAMIN C. It’s easy to make with only 5 simple ingredients! + It’s added-sugar-free, dairy-free and totally kids-friendly.
I admit. It’s not an easy task to keep my boys healthy. My son is a super-picky eater, and my husband, well, he changed his eating habits a lot in the past 4 years along with me. But still, they both don’t eat fresh fruits as much as I would like. As is daily recommended. So I struggle to find ways to sneak fresh fruits into their daily diet.
One of the ways, well the easiest one, to get them to eat fresh fruits is by mixing fresh fruits in smoothies. They both can’t resist bright, colorful ones, like Cherry Banana Smoothie and Blueberry Banana Smoothie. My husband is even a fan of my smoothie bowls, especially Blueberry Acai Smoothie Bowl. As long as he can choose his own toppings, meaning omitting fruits and adding chocolate. I’m OK with that. As long as they both leave glasses and bowls empty at the end.
Lately, I’m extra focused on building our immunity fighting colds and flufor . Meaning having FRESH FRUITS daily is a MUST. Even though stores don’t offer a variety of fresh produce as it would in “normal” circumstances, still, there are plenty of strawberries to be found in stores. That’s because late March is the time when the strawberry season starts. Plum, bright red and juicy, bursting with freshens and health, it’s hard to resist them really. That’s why I made them a star in this delicious SUPERFOOD smoothie.
This Strawberry Ginger Smoothie is sweet, creamy, and bursting with fruity flavors. Sweet strawberries and fresh spicy ginger are the perfect pair in this refreshing, satisfying smoothie. Plus, this smoothie is packed with essential nutrients – fibers, proteins and immune-boosting VITAMIN C + anti-inflammatory GINGER. It’s a health in a cup and the perfect way to kick-start your day and super-charge your immunity!
Strawberry Ginger Smoothie ingredients
This creamy deliciousness is packed with HEALTHY fresh ingredients, that contribute to our health greatly. To make Strawberry Ginger Smoothie you’ll only need 5 simple ingredients that are basic and probably stapled in your kitchen. If not, I offer substitutions that are equally nutritious and and healthy. Here’s what you’ll need:
- STRAWBERRIES: Strawberries are low-calorie fruit that is sweet and just delightful. But what’s making strawberries so delightful is not just sweetness but the fact that this little fruit is loaded with vitamin C – powerful immune boosting and healthy skin antioxidant (1). Fresh strawberries are the best here, but frozen will work fine too.
- GINGER: I used fresh ginger root here. Ginger is know for its anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. It’s a SUPER-SPICE know in India for centuries.
- YOGURT: I used coconut yogurt here. Coconut yogurt is all responsible for amazing smoothie creaminess. But yogurt added some gut-friendly probiotics too, transforming this smoothie into a powerful metabolism-boosting drink.
To enhance this strawberry smoothie with some more NUTRIENTS and flavor, I also added:
- HEMP SEEDS: Hemp seeds are loaded with healthy fats. They are exceptionally rich in two essential fatty acids, omega-6 and omega-3 but also a great source of high-quality proteins. (3) Hemps seeds enriched this strawberry smoothie with nutrients and made it more filling and super healthy.
- BAOBAB POWDER (optional): Baobab powder boosted this smoothie drink with more healthy fibers but also added a whole lot of vitamin C (4). If you don’t have baobab powder at home, just omit it. Even without it, smoothie is still extremely nutritious and super healthy.
- VANILLA EXTRACT
If you feel that smoothie is not sweet enough for your taste, you can add some sweetener. I suggest adding raw honey. Raw honey is unrefined sweetener with many health benefits. It will give smoothie a subtle sweetness yet won’t overload it with much sugar calories. Marple syrup is another great choice. It is also considered non-refined sugar, meaning much healthier option.
How to make Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
- Prepare and measure all ingredients using measuring cups.
- Take a blender and add 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, 1 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (peeled and chopped), 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon baobab powder. Mix on high speed until you get even creamy texture.
- Add in 1/4 cup hemp seeds. Pulse few times just to combine.
- Taste the smoothie and additional sweetener if smoothie is not sweet enough. I recommend using raw honey or maple syrup, or stevia. This is totally based on your preference.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more liquid – milk, ice cubes or water. Blend again until everything is well combined.
- Transfer smoothie into a cup.
- ADD TOPPINGS: I used hemp seeds and bee pollen. You can be creative here and choose toppings you like.
- Serve immediately or keep in sealed glass jar or smoothie bottle in the refrigerator for up to one day.
- Serve with a large straw or a long ice-cream spoon.
- Makes 1 glass that serves 1 person.
- You can swap coconut yogurt with soy yogurt or any dairy yogurt here. Make sure you use PROBIOTIC-RICH type of yogurt.
- Substitute HEMP SEEDS with flax seeds (to add more fibers) or chia seeds (to add more omega-3’s).
- Substitute HONEY with pure maple syrup, stevia, date syrup or use 2-3 soaked dates.
- Omit BAOBAB POWDER if you don’t have it.
- MAKE IT VEGAN: Use vegan soy or coconut yogurt. Omit honey and bee pollen.
Strawberry Smoothie Benefits
This creamy pinky goodness is:
- Loaded with nutrients that promote good health.
- Made with ALL NATURAL healthy ingredients.
- Powered with SUPERFOODS – strawberries, hemp seeds, GINGER.
- Completely ADDED SUGAR-FREE.
- Full of wonderful fresh fruity flavor.
- Packed with plant-based proteins, heart-healthy fats, and fibers.
- Rich in powerful antioxidants, vitamin C good for immunity, calcium and iron.
- Dairy-free, gluten free, and extremely delicious!
Strawberry Ginger Smoothie is just a BLAST! Perfectly flavored, fruity, sweet and refreshing. Absolutely delicious. But it’s more than just that. It’s a highly nutritious and extremely healthy drink packed with fibers, healthy Omega-3s fats and proteins. It’s a well balanced meal and thus perfect healthy breakfast option.
Strawberry Ginger Smoothie recipe
Prepare and measure all ingredients using measuring cups.
Take a blender and add strawberries, yogurt, fresh ginger, vanilla extract, and baobab powder. Mix on high speed until you get even creamy texture.
Add in hemp seeds. Pulse few times just to combine.
Taste the smoothie and additional sweetener if smoothie is not sweet enough.
If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more liquid – milk, ice cubes or water. Blend again until everything is well combined.
Transfer smoothie into a cup.
ADD TOPPINGS: hemp seeds and bee pollen. You can be creative here and choose toppings you like.
Serve immediately or keep in sealed glass jar or smoothie bottle in the refrigerator for up to one day.
As a measure, I used US cup (240ml).
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.
More healthy smoothie recipes to try
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Strawberry Kefir Smoothie
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Strawberry Ginger Smoothie Bowl
If you’ve tried this Strawberry Ginger Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on Natalie’s Health, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you!