Sweet and creamy, this Strawberry Banana Smoothie is easy to make treat that your whole family will like. Packed with fruity flavors and nutrients - omega-3s, fibers and antioxidants, it's a SUPERFOOD drink that is equally delicious and good for you. Perfect healthy breakfast or snack. + It's added sugar-free, dairy-free and totally kids-friendly.
Simple smoothies are the best. Even better are the ones that are equally delicious, healthy and loved by the whole family. Such is this lovely pink beauty, a classic with a healthier twist. Strawberry Banana Smoothie is rich, creamy, sweet and packed with only good-for-you-stuff.
When it comes to fruits, I have two picky eaters at home. Well, to be more specific... They are not picky but refusing to eat solid fresh fruits of any kind. So over the years, I developed smoothie skills, to feed my boys with necessary fruit nutrients in a form they like. They love to sip sweet Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie and Mango Blueberry Smoothie. I upped my smoothie game so they can enjoy a delicious drink and at the same time have nutrients they need.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie is loaded with fruity flavors and sweetness. It's mixed into this perfect yumminess that even the pickiest eaters can not resist. This superfood drink is easy to make but so super healthy. Made without added sugars but packed with all the essential nutrients. It's a perfect well balanced healthy breakfast that can be served as an afternoon snack too. Here's what you'll need and tips on how to make this creamy perfection at home.
Strawberry banana smoothie ingredients
To make this delightful pink beauty you'll need only a few simple ingredients:
- STRAWBERRIES: Strawberries are now in season and just beautiful, bursting with flavor. Strawberries are packed with essential nutrients, including fiber and potassium that both keep our heart healthy. They are also loaded with powerful antioxidants, including vitamin A and vitamin C, which are the body’s first line of defense, reducing inflammation and preventing the development of many chronic diseases. (1) I like to use frozen strawberries to make this strawberry smoothie recipe simply because of the creamier texture and cooling effect. But both fresh or frozen will work fine here.
- MILK: I like to use almond milk here. Almond milk is creamy, nutty and naturally sweet and pairs wonderfully with strawberry fruity flavor. You can swap almond milk for organic soy milk or oat milk.
- BANANA: Bananas are great addition to any smoothie. They are naturally sweet, give creamy texture, and they are packed with nutrients. Bananas are high in fiber and many essential micronutrients, including potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C and magnesium. (2) They are also packed with antioxidants. (3) Banana gave this smoothie a wonderful creaminess and sweetness so there's no need to add extra sugar. You can use fresh or frozen bananas here.
I like to upgrade smoothies with SUPERFOODS so in this strawberry smoothie recipe I used:
- FLAX SEEDS: Flax seeds are true superfood. A functional food ingredient with many health benefits. They are a good source of many nutrients, especially fiber, antioxidant lignan and one of the richest plant sources of the Omega-3 fatty acids. (4, 5) I used ground flaxseed here to boost Omega-3. You can swap flax seeds for hemp seeds - if you're looking for more protein boost, or chia seeds - if you're looking for more fiber boost.
- CEYLON CINNAMON: Ceylon cinnamon, also known as "true" cinnamon, is a highly delicious spice with many health benefits too. Cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties. (6, 7) Cinnamon gave this strawberry smoothie a wonderful flavor and scent.
If you like your smoothie sweeter you can add a few dates for natural healthy sweetness. Or maple syrup or raw honey if you're not following a vegan diet.
How to make strawberry banana smoothie
- If you're using fresh strawberries: Always wash strawberries before you use them. Carefully place them into a colander, rinse under cold water and gently pat dry with a kitchen towel. Remove the stems
- Take a blender or food processor and add 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of almond milk, ½ banana and 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds. Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon too.
- Blend until you get smooth texture.
- If you're using frozen strawberries and/or banana: Check consistency and add more milk if you feel that smoothie is to thick. Or add more frozen fruits to thicken to get desired texture.
- Try the smoothie and add sweetener if you like. I recommend using raw honey or maple syrup. Stevia is also ok. You can use dates too.
- Pour the smoothie in a serving glass and add toppings if you like. I used hemp seeds (for protein boost) and Yacon sweetened cacao nibs. Serve with a large straw or a long ice-cream spoon.
Strawberry banana smoothie calories
This Strawberry banana smoothie is nutrient dense low calorie drink. One serving has only 173 calories.
It’s packed with fibers, healthy Omega-3s fats and proteins. It has a good amount of essential minerals and it’s loaded with immune boosting Vitamin C. It’s a well balanced meal and thus perfect for morning served as breakfast.
Strawberry banana smoothie benefits
- It’s nutrient-dense, made with ALL NATURAL and FRESH ingredients!
- It’s creamy and sweet flavored – kids LOVE IT!
- It’s completely ADDED SUGAR-FREE.
- It’s nourishing and wholesome meal.
- It’s rich in nutrients – fibers, plant-based proteins, heart-healthy, brain boosting Omega-3s fats.
- It’s rich in powerful antioxidants, and vitamin C good for immunity.
- It’s rich in potassium, calcium, and iron.
- It’s enriched with SUPERFOODS – flaxseeds.
- It’s vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
- It's very filling and will keep you full for long time.
- + it’s deliciously creamy, rich and amazing!
How do you freeze strawberries for smoothies?
- Carefully place whole strawberries into a colander, rinse under cold water and gently pat dry with a kitchen towel in a single layer. Do not soak the berries in water or they’ll lose some flavor and nutrients.
- Remove the stems.
- Place the strawberries in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, not touching one another.
- Freeze for about half an hour, or until solid.
- Use for making Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
- Transfer the leftover strawberries to plastic resealable bags or airtight containers and store in the freezer for up to six months.
How to freeze bananas for smoothies?
- Peel each banana.
- Cut the bananas crosswise, creating thick slices.
- Lay the banana slices out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Freeze for about two hours, or until the slices are solid.
- Use for making Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
- Transfer the leftover banana slices to plastic resealable bags or airtight containers and store in the freezer for up to six months.
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is creamy, dreamy and delicious. It’s thick and refreshing and kids love it! + Soooo healthy and incredible.
It’s one of those smoothies that is extra yummy – because strawberry and banana are like the best combo EVER! You just must include this strawberry smoothie recipe in your healthy diet. Or at least give it a try while strawberries are in season.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and start blending on low.
- Slowly increase the speed to high then mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a large glass and add toppings. Enjoy!
Nutrition values are calculated without added toppings. Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.
More smoothie recipes
If you’re looking for more easy fruit smoothie recipes, try:
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Strawberry Kefir Smoothie
- Cherry Chocolate Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Chia Smoothie
If you’ve tried this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe or any other recipe on Natalie’s Health, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you!