Sweet, creamy, and incredibly delicious, this Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie is a perfect morning treat. It's filled with sweet fresh strawberries, heart-healthy oats, and creamy almond butter. Packed with nutrients and immune-boosting VITAMIN C and made without any added sugars, it's an ideal combination of deliciousness, perfect creaminess, and healthiness. So good!
Summer is in full swing, and it's a peak season for sweet strawberries. You can find them in every store and in all the markets. They will be in season until the end of August, so I tend to use them as much as I can.
Strawberries are a fantastic fruit. Sweet, juicy, flavorful. But also packed with powerful antioxidants and nutrients. Eating them is the best thing you can do to your body, especially in the morning. So, strawberries for breakfast are my favorite thing.
From Strawberry Chia Pudding to Strawberry Banana Muffins, there are many options to include them in your daily diet. But when paired with other powerful ingredients like OATS, that's when things become more serious. Oats are a powerful ingredient and great addition to smoothies. They add up many nutrients and much-needed fibers.
This Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie is a perfect Summer smoothie, loaded with flavor, sweetness, but also nutrients, and powerful ANTIOXIDANTS. It's creamy, dreamy, and so delicious! I bet your whole family's gonna love this strawberry smoothie. Plus, it has NO ADDED SUGARS, which makes this strawberries smoothie ideal smoothie for weight loss.
This is a smoothie recipe that is so easy to make. You'll need only a few simple ingredients that are basic and probably stapled in your kitchen. Here's what you'll need:
- STRAWBERRIES: Strawberries are delightful little fruit—Low-calorie, sweet and juicy. But what's making strawberries so dashing is that they are loaded with vitamin C – powerful immune-boosting antioxidant. Strawberries have many health benefits - I love them because they reduce inflammation and keep our gut and heart-healthy (1). For this smoothie, I used fresh strawberries, but frozen will work fine too.
- OATS: It might seem odd to add oats in a smoothie, but oats are a great addition to any breakfast smoothie. They will make smoothie creamy and thick, but oats also add so many nutrients. Oats are an excellent source of fiber, especially beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber responsible for keeping our heart healthy. It also supports the growth of good bacteria in our digestive tract, which is essential for our overall health. Oats are also high in vitamins, minerals, powerful antioxidants, and proteins (2). They are a great source of energy and fullness. That's why I highly recommend to include oats in your everyday diet. You can use rolled or quick oats here.
- MILK: I used oat milk here, but you can use any non-dairy milk such as almond or soy milk. Cow's and coconut milk won't work well here. It will interfere with other flavors.
- ALMOND BUTTER: I added almond butter because I wanted to make smoothie complete and more nutritious. Almond butter is packed with healthy monounsaturated fats, fibers, proteins, and many essential minerals and vitamins.
- BANANA: By using a ripe banana to sweeten this strawberry smoothie, I skipped adding unnecessary added sugars. But banana added some more nutrients too. Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and many vitamins and minerals, especially potassium and magnesium — two nutrients that are essential for heart health. Also, fibers in bananas are beneficial to our digestion and aid a weight loss.
- VANILLA EXTRACT: I added vanilla extract for flavor. It pairs so well with strawberries.
I always like to add some extras in my morning smoothies. That's usually hemp or flax seeds, baobab powder, or some other superfoods. In this strawberry smoothie, I added MACA POWDER. Maca paired so nice with sweet strawberries and definitely improved overall taste.
But maca is more than just tasty addition. It's a SUPERFOOD known to boost mood, sex drive, energy, and stamina. It contains many vitamins, minerals, amino acids. It is loaded with powerful antioxidants and a great addition to anything, from energy balls and brownies to hot drink.
Here are some recipes with maca powder for you to try:
How to make Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
Making this gorgeous strawberry smoothie is quite easy. It will take you 5 minutes (tops!) and just a handful of ingredients listed above. Here's how to make Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie:
- Prepare and measure all ingredients using measuring cups.
- If you're using fresh strawberries, don't forget to wash them.
- Take a blender and add strawberries, banana, milk, oats, almond butter, maca powder (if using), and vanilla extract. Mix everything on high speed until you get even texture.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more liquid – milk or water. Blend again until everything is well combined.
- Taste the smoothie and add additional sweetener if the smoothie is not sweet enough. I recommend using soaked dates, date syrup, raw honey or maple syrup, or stevia. This is totally based on your preference.
- Transfer strawberry smoothie into a tall glass.
- ADD TOPPINGS: I like goji berries and bee pollen. Be creative here. Add toppings you like - like cacao nibs, hemp seeds, flax seeds.
- Serve immediately with a large straw.
- Makes 1 glass that serves 1 person.
- DON'T LIKE BANANA? --- No problem. Substitute banana with soaked dates, date syrup, maple syrup, or raw honey.
- You can substitute almond butter with peanut butter or cashew butter. Tahini works well too.
- You can use any plant-based milk here except coconut milk. Cow's milk won't work well.
- MAKE IT VEGAN: Use plant-based milk. Omit bee pollen as a topping. Use banana, soaked dates, stevia, or maple syrup as a sweetener.
- MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure you use certified gluten-free oats.
Tips for storing
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and keep refrigerated up to one day.
- Oats tend to make smoothie thick in the morning (they soak up the moisture), so you may need to add a bit of liquid the next day - milk or water. Just shake it or stir it with the spoon.
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie benefits
This sweet creamy goodness is:
- Loaded with nutrients that promote good health.
- Made with ALL NATURAL healthy ingredients.
- Powered with SUPERFOODS – strawberries, oats and maca powder.
- Completely ADDED SUGAR-FREE.
- Full of wonderful fresh fruity flavor.
- Packed with plant-based proteins, heart-healthy fats, and fibers.
- Rich in powerful antioxidants, vitamin C good for immunity, calcium and iron.
- Vegan, dairy-free, gluten free, and extremely delicious!
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie is a real treat. Creamy, thick and delicious. But it's more than just that. It's well-balanced, highly nutritious healthy drink packed with gut healthy fibers, Omega-3s and proteins. It’s a perfect healthy breakfast option that is immune-boosting, brain-boosting and energizing.
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Take a blender and add strawberries, banana, milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, maca powder (if using) and oats. Mix on high speed until you get even creamy texture.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more liquid – milk, ice cubes or water. Blend again until everything is well combined.
- Taste the smoothie and additional sweetener if smoothie is not sweet enough.
- Transfer smoothie into a glass.
- ADD TOPPINGS: goji berries and bee pollen. You can be creative here and choose toppings you like.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store in a glass jar with a lid and keep refrigerated up to one day.
As a measure, I used US cup (240ml). Substitutions
Substitute banana with soaked dates, date syrup, maple syrup, or raw honey.
Substitute almond butter with peanut butter, cashew batter or tahini.
You can use any plant-based milk here except coconut milk. Cow's milk won't work well. MAKE IT VEGAN: Use plant-based milk. Omit bee pollen as topping. Use banana, soaked dates, stevia or maple syrup as sweetener.
MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure you use certified gluten-free oats. Nutritional Disclaimer
More strawberry smoothie recipes
- Strawberry Kefir Smoothie
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Strawberry Ginger Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Ginger Smoothie