This beautiful, moist, and delicious Raspberry Lemon Cake is the perfect addition to your afternoon coffee. It's loaded with lemon flavor and fresh raspberries, so easy to make with few pantry ingredients — delicious and guilt-free, made without refined sugars.
The last couple of days I feel such an enormous desire to bake something for my family. I'm craving something sweet, fruity and super light to accompany my afternoon coffee. Since I'm not the type of person who likes complicated desserts - layered cakes with glaze and stuff - I decided to make a simple fruit cake. But fruit idea puzzled me because I didn't have a clear vision what fruit to use.
I had Sour Cherry Chia Jam Cornbread on my mind but then my friend called me and tell me to come over to her house. She had freshly picked raspberries from her garden for me.
I jumped out in my car and drove to her home. And when she handed me a box full of FRESH pink delicious raspberries, I couldn't wait to come home and start baking this delightful, tangy and sweet Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake.
While the cake was still in oven, pleasant aroma started to spread throughout the kitchen that drove my husband and me completely mad. I kept peeping in the oven, and the view on the cake was pure perfection. When the cake was done, we could hardly wait for it to cool properly. Actually, we didn't. We sliced it while was still warm. And oh God how GOOD it was!
Moist, fragrant and sooo sweet with a touch of tangy fruity freshness from raspberries.
To make this Raspberry Lemon Cake, I used all healthy ingredients - whole grain flour loaded with fibers and many nutrients, healthy coconut oil and all natural sweetener maple syrup.
Both lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice gave this cake incredible aroma.
Of course, the main star of this lemon cake are FRESH raspberries - loaded with nutrients and delightful taste. Not only that raspberries gave the cake very attractive look, but also they gave the tangy flavor that nicely balanced the sweetness of the cake.
This Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake is really easy to make, and it's moderate in calories. So delicious and so guilt-free. Perfect Summer treat that goes so well with cup of coffee on afternoons.
This cake is absolute summertime favorite in my house. I hope it will be in yours too.
Raspberry Lemon Cake
- 2 cups whole grain flour I used Spelt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest about 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice about 1 lemon
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 360F. Coat 9x5’’ loaf pan with coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, syrup, and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients in the mixture and stir well. Add Greek yogurt and continue stirring just until incorporated.
- Pour mixture in baking pan. Place raspberries on top, gently pressing them in the mixture, but not too much.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with crumbs. At about the 45 minute mark, if your bread isn't done but the top is looking pretty browned (especially around the outer edges) you can lay a piece of foil over the bread in the oven to prevent burning while it finishes baking.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
More lemon dessert recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- Lemon Cardamom Pancakes
- Lemon Oatmeal Muffins
- Lemon Turmeric Balls
- 20 Easy Healthy Lemon Dessert Recipes
*** PIN for later ***