Moist, flavorful and absolutely delicious, this Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is the perfect healthy dessert to enjoy. It's filled with fresh blueberries and refreshing lemon flavor, perfectly sweet yet made without refined sugars. The best lemon pound cake ever!
If you're looking for the lemon kick to celebrate Spring, then this amazing lemon pound cake is just the right thing. It has an ideal amount of lemon, it is tender with subtle sweetness and melt-in-your-mouth texture. Actually, it tastes just like a bright refreshing ray of sunshine. Just like SPRING!
While I'm a huge fan of LEMONS and everything lemony.... I absolutely ADORE these Lemon Turmeric Energy Balls.... my husband, on the other hand, is not much of a fan of lemon desserts. But surpassingly there something magical in Raspberry Lemon Loaf Cake and this beautiful Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake that's appealing even to an anti-lemon person like my husband.
This lemon pound cake is refreshing, tasteful, just gorgeous. And when you know it's made with all the HEALTHY good-for-you stuff, makes it even more appealing and irresistible.
I think the main reason we are totally crazy about this cake is the SCENT. While the cake is still in oven, baking, its sweet-lemony fragrance overtake the entire house and seduce us. We both go mad from desire. We usually swirl around the house, going in and out of the kitchen... both acting like lunatics.
And when I finally get it out of the oven, we devour a third of the cake right there, in the kitchen, by the oven. We sometimes don't even get the cake out of the loaf pan. SO embarrassing... but on another hand soooo liberating. Feels great to enjoy something so delicious knowing that it's totally guilt-free.
For me personally, the beauty in this lemon pound cake is also in its simplicity. This pretty little thing is super easy to make. Which is a big plus when you craving something sweet during weekdays OR when you try to impress the guests and you don't feel like baking something complicated. And oh boy, do they get surprised with this flavorous beauty. This cake is a winner with cup of coffee and killer dessert for parties.
How to make this delicious lemon pound cake
This pound cake recipe calls for only a few simple HEALTHY ingredients:
- Whole grain flour: I used Spelt whole grain flour but you can swap for wheat flour instead. Spelt flour added extra density to cake texture but also many nutrients as well. Not to mention, Spelt is ancient grain, meaning much healthier than the wheat.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt added richness and tangy flavor to this pound cake. But it also helped keep it deliciously moist.
- Coconut oil: I always use coconut oil in my baking. Coconut oil is an unbelievably healthy and perfect replacement for other refined unhealthy oils. If you haven't started using coconut oil in your baking/cooking, you definitely should.
To sweeten this beauty up, I used pure maple syrup. Maple syrup is mildly sweet and doesn't overtake the flavors in baking. By using maple syrup, and all other healthy ingredients mentioned above, I made this cake totally healthy, free of refined sugars and totally guilt-free. Win!
The main stars of this pound cake are delightful LEMON and fresh immune boosting, antioxidant-rich blueberries.
Lemon is now in season and bursting with flavor. I used organic unwaxed lemons here because I like to use real lemon zest when making lemon cakes. Nothing beats that fresh lemon zest tastes especially in baked cakes. Its strong rich flavor paired so well with sweet blueberries.
Blueberries, on the other hand, gave unbelievable freshness to this cake. In every zesty, delicious bite hides a bit of blueberry surprise. Just delicious!
This Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is a Spring must-try. It's just incredibly tasty, sweet and just lovely. It's really hard to resist its look, scent, and flavor. It’s sure to be a winner at any dessert table. + It's great for upcoming Mother's day celebration. I know I'll be making this cake again this weekend and many weekends more this Spring and Summer.
If you're looking for more pound cake recipes, check out these:
Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1 ¾ cups whole grain flour I used Spelt ***
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin coconut oil melted and cooled to room tmeperature
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176C). Grease and flour an 8x4x2 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, oil, syrup, vanilla extract, and juice and zest. Stir in the dry ingredients and whisk until mixed through.
- Gently fold blueberries into batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased and floured loaf pan. Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
Store the leftover cake at room temperature for 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. ***To get the best moist and tender cake, use flour combo: 1 cup whole grain Spelt flour + ¾ cup white Spelt flour.