Chewy and loaded with dark chocolate chunks these Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect HEALTHY delight for all family to enjoy. These tasteful cookies are made with just few simple ALL NATURAL ingredients but packed with many nutrients. Refined SUGAR-FREE, whole grain, and super tasty these cookies make a great breakfast, kids school snack or afternoon treat.
There's something about oatmeal cookies that makes them so desirable, so extremely irresistible. They are soft, chewy, somewhat nutty and so delicious no matter which one you choose to make: fruity ones - like Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies, Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies, Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies OR chocolatey ones - like these Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.
All these oatmeal cookies are equally amazing in flavors and excellent HEALTHY sweet treat for all family to enjoy... including occasional visitors and house guests. All fancy them.
But what I personally really love about oatmeal cookies is its consistency. They are so dense and so rich. Right after the first few bites, you can feel how nutritious and filling they are. They are not some empty calorie treat. No way! They are a real meal packed in a form of a delicious chunky cookie. That's why I just love them so much. In all variations and all flavor combinations. They are nutritious, sweet and satisfying.
In our house, there's a cookie jar. Right there on a kitchen counter. It's always filled with some sweet homemade cookie snack. My kiddo loves to have some snack after school. And my hubby likes to grab a cookie right before he hit the door in the morning. And these amazing and super delicious Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are basically a staple in that jar. They are super easy to make and they are so healthful. Cookies filled with dark chocolate chunks... I mean... Who CAN resist them? They are the perfect nutritious treat so much better than any store-bought, sugary cookie.
But just the other day, while I was snacking these and watching Netflix, I realised I haven't shared this recipe on my blog jet. It was time to change that.
You will be delighted by how easy this Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie recipe actually is. You'll only need like few simple ingredients (you probably have in your pantry already) + 20 minutes (or less if you're ambitious). That's like SUPER helpful if you have a hungry family waiting for the healthy breakfast in the morning or kiddo who wants something nutritious to pack in his school lunchbox.
To make these incredible Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies I used all natural and HEALTHY ingredients – oats packed with proteins and fibers that are great for our digestion, weight loss, and heart health + whole grain flour rich in many nutrients.
Instead of butter, that people usually use for making cookies, I used organic virgin coconut oil. I always look to use only quality coconut oil when baking cookies for my family that's why I read labels and look for raw certified organic, cold pressed - these are the best.
If you're looking for quality coconut oil products you might want to check Indigo Herbs store. I really love them because they are so passionate about health and wellbeing - same as we healthy eaters are - so they offer only the highest quality products in their store. Seriously, check them OUT!
But what really makes these cookies special is the DARK CHOCOLATE. Bittersweet dark chocolate chunks are like pure pleasure hugged in a sweet cookie dough. An instant mood booster.
I used dark chocolate made of 80% cocoa which has a more intense bitter taste but gives so much more benefits than regular chocolate. Also I boosted up the overall cookie taste with some Ceylon cinnamon - a super spice known for its health benefits. Ceylon cinnamon gave the cookies warm and aromatic flavor which paired so nice with dark chocolate taste. Super yummy! As I said... irresistible.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are:
- Made with all natural, WHOLESOME ingredients.
- Soft and chewy, full of beautiful flavors.
- Easy to make in just 20 minutes.
- Needs only a few simple ingredients.
- Sweet but REFINED sugar-free.
- Low-calorie and rich in nutrients – quality fibers, plant-based proteins, and minerals.
- Enriched with healing super-spice – CEYLON CINNAMON.
- Packed with heart-healthy fats.
- Perfect quick breakfast or kids school snack.
- Delicious and highly addictive!
These cookies go beyond afternoon snack or simple quick dessert that goes oh-so-perfect with a cup of warm coffee or tea. Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are very nutritious – filled with dietary fibers, healthy energy-boosting fats, and proteins, what makes them PERFECT on-to-go breakfast.
Also, these are perfect to pack in school lunchbox or as an after-school treat. My kiddo just loveee to dip these beauties in a cold milk.
Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole grain flour I used spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips with 80% or more cocoa with unrefined sugar
- Preheat oven to 356F (180C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients - flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Add spices and mix all together until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix well with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix. Finally, stir in the dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips. Mix gently with a spoon. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- With a scoop or spoon, scoop the dough, and place it on the baking sheet. Arrange the cookies 2-inches apart. Slightly flatten the dough with the spoon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven, and let them cool for few minutes on a baking sheet. Then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep in a cookie jar or airtight container.
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B0756N4L7R,B00T2ZYAWI,B00004OCNS,B002BFQR3G' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='a97754eb-8691-11e8-8033-dd817b765029']