Soft and chewy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are perfect HEALTHY high-fiber snack ready in just 20 minutes. These oatmeal cookies are incredibly good, very nutritious, made with all wholesome ingredients and refined sugar-free. It's a easy healthy oatmeal cookie recipe your family will love.
OK, so It's official. I'm totally hooked on TV Show Girls. Like TOTALLY! I've never watched one single episode while it was on TV. Never! I was not even remotely interested. And then recently the re-runs started on TV, 'cause the new season is starting in February (yeeey! <-- screaming quietly). And there I was one afternoon, caught watching one episode purely out of boredom. But the strange thing happened that afternoon. I liked that one episode.... and there was, of course, that gorgeous/sexy Adam aka Kylo Ren. So, anyway, the next day I decided to watch next episode of Girls re-runs. And then the next day another episode. And here I am ... HOOKED!
So the other day, I decide I'm going to make some dessert. Something sweet, to complement my afternoon tea while watching my (new) favorite show. I was thinking of Apple Carrot Muffins or Carrot Cake, but in my head, I kinda envisioned COOKIES. But not some crumbly cookies, yet soft, chewy and full of warm winter spices. And what I envision, I usually make!
That day, when Girls started on TV, next to me was these beautiful and fragrant, freshly baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies. The atmosphere was exactly how I've imagined - cozy couch, blanket, quiet house, warm cup of tea, cookies... and off course, Girls. Perfect!
The atmosphere was sooo good and cookies were sooo PERFECT that later on I decided to share all that on blog. Ok, let me tell you then about these Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies. These cookies are so incredibly soft and chewy, sweet and full of warm winter flavors. They are literally contagious. You can't just eat one and stop. The main ingredient is, of course, the apple. I used fresh organic Honeycrisp, but you can use any type of sweet and juicy apple.
I also used super healthy oats full of high-quality dietary fibers and whole wheat flour. I added coconut oil instead of butter and I used honey to sweeten up cookies. Also, I added some dried cranberries which gave a bit sourness to every sweet cookie bite. I spiced these Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies with warm spices - super healthy Ceylon cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are easy to prepare and can be made in just 20 minutes. They are perfect with afternoon tea or coffee. If you're perhaps afraid of any excess calories, let me reassure you. These oatmeal cookies are made without refined sugars and super low-calorie. Since they are very nutritious, you can have these apple oatmeal cookies as quick on-to-go breakfast or healthy snack between meals.
These are perfect for kids school snack too. My kiddo love these! Just make sure you prepare a huge bunch, 'cause these cookies disappear very quickly.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are ...
- made with all healthy ingredients,
- soft and chewy, full of warm aromatic flavors,
- easy to prepare and can be made in just 20 minutes,
- needs only a few simple ingredients,
- refined sugar-free,
- rich in nutrients - quality fibers, plant-based proteins and minerals,
- contains heart-friendly fats,
- perfect quick breakfast or kids school snack.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy on the inside, very thick and not crumbly at all. Even after few days stored in airtight container. That is of course if they endure that long. The first bunch I made literally vanished the same day. The second bunch I've prepared for photo shooting I had to hide from my hungry, healthy eaters... even from myself.
I can't wait for you to try these delicious cookies. Let me know how you like it!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup quick oats or rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil ,melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey or syrup
- 1 large sweet apple ,grated or chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients - flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg. Add coconut oil, vanilla, and honey. Mix well with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. Finally, stir in the grated or chopped apples and dried cranberries or raisins. Mix gently with a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 356F (180C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the dough, then shape into slightly flattened balls. Arrange the cookies 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the edges of the cookies begin to brown. Turn off the oven and let the cookies sit in the oven for another minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B0000ULZXQ,B01M1K08OF,B01HTYH8YA' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='92f02090-9df8-11e7-9f93-a758ce4c3240']