Soft and chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are filled with beautiful spices and crunchy peanuts. These cookies are made with all wholesome HEALTHY ingredients and REFINED SUGAR-FREE. Perfect treat! Make a double bunch because these pumpkin-flavored cookies are super addictive.
I'm absolutely looveee PUMPKINS this year! Don't know what happened to me, but I've never EVER craved and LOVED pumpkin so much like this season. I used to have this opinion about pumpkins - that they are just some simple seasonal produce best fitted only for making soups and stews. Ok, maybe some dessert occasionally. But that was IT! But this season, I fell in love like madly. In its taste, smell, flavor... everything. Pumpkins are so soooo good!
I went on this pumpkin rampage, about month ago, and since then I have fresh pumpkin puree in my fridge like all the time. So you can assume, I add pumpkin puree in everything. In my Pumpkin Overnight Oats and Pumpkin Oatmeal Smoothie... and of course I make my families fav treats - Pumpkin Loaf Cake and Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins.
Since my family is super crazy about my Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies and irresistible Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies, I decided to give pumpkin puree a GO in this Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. I wasn't disappointed by the outcome at all. Nor was my family.
To make these delicious Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, you will only need a few simple ingredients and 20 minutes of your time. You can involve your kids in making to make it more fun. Isn't that GREAT, or what?! It is one of those cookie recipes that can be easily prepared and just as quickly those cookies will disappear from a cookie jar.
I used ALL NATURAL and HEALTHY ingredients – rolled oats full of healthy dietary fibers that promotes weight-loss and good heart health, and whole grain flour. I also added some roughly chopped raw PEANUTS in the mixture. Peanuts enriched cookies with healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and some essential minerals.
I spiced these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with beautiful warm and fragrant Fall spices - Ceylon cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg. I used my special spice blend for that. So-called Pumpkin Spice Mix, that I created especially for pumpkin recipes.
Instead of butter, I used healthy coconut oil, and to sweet up cookies I used natural sweetener – maple syrup. You can totally substitute maple syrup with honey.
To make these cookies like really REALLY irresistible, I topped the cookies with some melted dark chocolate. Bitter-sweet dark chocolate and sweet pumpkin flavors are the ultimate combo. Now you definitely can't say NO to these cookies.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are...
- made with all HEALTHY ingredients and whole grain,
- soft and chewy, full of warm aromatic flavors,
- easy to prepare and can be made in just 20 minutes,
- refined sugar-free,
- rich in nutrients – quality fibers, plant-based proteins, and essential minerals,
- rich in healthy omega-3 fatty acids and powerful antioxidants,
- enriched with healing super spice – Ceylon cinnamon,
- contains heart-healthy fats,
- perfect quick breakfast or kids school snack.
Given that these cookies are very nutritious, filled with HEALTHY stuff like whole grains, peanuts, and super healthy PUMPKIN, you can totally serve these cookies for breakfast. They are great kids school / after school snack too. Fill up their glasses with milk and let them dip their way to happiness!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are sooo soft and chewy, fragrant and full of beautiful Fall spices. Let's not forget full of crunchy peanuts. AND full of dark chocolate flavor. My honest advice is, make a double bunch, like right away. These will disappear in a blink of an eye.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole grain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate 80% or more cocoa refined sugar-free
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients - flour, oats, baking powder, salt, peanuts and spices.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolk with coconut, pumpkin puree, syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix.
- Preheat oven to 356F (180C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop the dough, put it on a baking sheet and shape into slightly flattened balls. Arrange the cookies 2-inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until the edges of the cookies begin to brown. Turn off the oven and let the cookies sit in the oven for another minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over cookies.
These are my picks for this recipe: