This Double Chocolate Banana Cake is absolutely perfect treat. It's moist and flavorful, loaded with dark chocolate flavor but without empty calories. It's made with all natural HEALTHY ingredients, REFINED SUGAR-FREE and super delicious. Who can resist this?!
What to say about this chocolate deliciousness?! Maybe I better don’t say anything. Maybe I should just post a recipe and that’s it?! ... Naahh .... I think I’ll keep you a bit busy with reading before you jump into the kitchen and grab your baking pans.
Chocolate banana combo is so delicious and in this cake, OMG.. it can make you go completely crazy. My husband is a good example of that cake madness. You should see his face when I tell him I have ripe bananas in my fridge and I'm making "THE chocolate banana cake". He's eyes immediately starts to shine. I totally understand him. I love chocolate banana cake as well.
For making this cake I used all natural HEALTHY stuff - whole wheat flour, raw cacao powder and coconut oil.
The main ingredient in the cake is banana, a very ripe (overripe) banana. Bananas gave the cake a special fruity flavor, but also a sweetness so this cake isn't loaded with added sugars. Cacoa gave the cake a dark black color, so cake looks like it is loaded with calories, but it isn’t really. All ingredients in this cake contribute to our health.
Chocolate banana cake is really easy to make, and perfect for those days "when you want to eat something sweet," or when you have unannounced guests. You can enjoy in chocolate banana delight in about one hour, but make sure you let the cake cool down properly, which is not the case in my house. My husband usually withstands about 15 minutes before he’s rush on the cake.
If you want to make your chocolate banana cake more rich and glamorous, you can glaze it with dark chocolate topping. But if you're preparing a home version that is more for the sweet enjoyment than for the presentation, than skip additional glazed calories.
What's great about this cake is that it may stand up to few days, or a week. The longer it stays, it's actually better. And now I leave you with a recipe.
Chocolate Banana Cake
- Preheat the oven to 360F (180C). Put baking paper in a 9x5 baking pan and grease a bit with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and cacao powder. Set aside.
- In another large bowl mash bananas with a fork. Add syrup, eggs and coconut oil and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Heat coconut oil until melted. Add cacao powder and syrup and stir until smooth.
- Cool a bit and drizzle over cooled cake.
Check out these CHOCOLATE recipes too:
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B0099EWCYU,B01HTYH8YA,B071Z925LH,B0000VLYBI' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='b37b141b-adba-11e8-8d43-2d640fd999bd']
*** PIN for later ***