Rich and decadent, these Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies are destined to delight you. Made with all HEALTHY ingredients, loaded with dark chocolate and sweet cherries, these brownies are truly a chocolate lover’s dream! Refined sugar-free, wholegrain and absolutely delicious.
I think I’m slightly hooked on a chocolate cherry combo! Which is not bad … cherries are super-healthy and low-calorie fruit. And chocolate is … well, CHOCOLATE! A superfood! Chocolate Cherry Smoothie is my favorite post-workout meal for some time now. And now that my mother-in-law supplies me with fresh cherries on a daily basis, there’s nothing else for me to do than to enjoy this wonderful fruit in every form possible… in cakes, smoothies, fresh… while the season lasts.
Anyway, couple a days ago, I saw this amazing recipe for cherry chocolate blondies and as soon as I saw it I knew I MUST make this for my family. I immediately saved that recipe and decided to give it a go for a weekend.
And then the weekend came, and I started making the recipe, following all instructions that were given, when suddenly chocolate totally possessed me. I caught myself adding raw cacao to the mixture (which was not in the original recipe). At that point, I didn’t have a clue what I was doing nor how this cake will turn out…
I was actually transforming blondies into brownies. To be more precise – I was creating these rich and sinfully sweet, delicious Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies. It was the dessert I really needed that weekend.
The texture of these Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies is absolutely amazing. Something between Fudgy Cocoa Pomegranate Brownies and Chocolate Banana Cake, but more like Double Chocolate Banana Muffins… only without the banana. The true queen in this brownie is CHERRY.
For making this Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies, I used all HEALTHY ingredients. The batter is made with whole grains, in which I added coconut oil, super-healthy raw cacao powder rich in antioxidants and super-fragrant and amazing Ceylon cinnamon known for its many healthy benefits.
I used maple syrup as a sweetener, so these brownies are refined sugar-free. Lovely, right?!
To enrich these brownies with even more deliciousness, I also added chunks of dark chocolate (I’m using dark chocolate with 80% cacao made with unrefined sugars) and of course, a handful of beautiful sweet cherries that gave the amazing freshness and balanced the whole dark chocolatey taste nicely.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies are…
- made with all HEALTHY wholesome ingredients,
- full of high-quality dietary fibers that promote good digestion and weight loss,
- easy to prepare and can be made in just 20 minutes,
- needs only a few simple ingredients,
- refined sugar-free,
- rich in nutrients and low in calories,
- enriched with super spice – Ceylon cinnamon,
- contain raw cacao – powerful antioxidant that elevates good mood, reduces stress and depression.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies is the dessert you can enjoy completely guilt free. These are rich in nutrients and made without excess calories. PLUS so easy to prepare.
These are perfect with afternoon coffee or tea, and your kids will love it too! Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies delighted me completely. Even my husband who isn’t such a fan of cherries (he usually picks cherries out, but this this time he ate it all).
I think I blabbed enough. Now grab some cherries and start baking.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- 1 ½ cup whole grain flour I used Spelt
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil , melted and cooled
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup milk I used almond
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks or chips , 80% or more cacao with unrefined sugar
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- Preheat the oven to 356F (180C) degrees. Line the bottom of a 9x9 inch (22x22cm) square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt, cacao powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate whisk the eggs. Add syrup, coconut oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chunks and fresh cherries in the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven. Allow the brownies to cool completely at room temperature.
- Slice and enjoy!
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins=’B001PKUXN8,B008FWD4HQ,B01MR507HZ’ template=’MyPicks’ store=’natalieshealt-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6d719d23-55a0-11e7-bbe0-67b889c5c476′]