Full of dark chocolate flavor, made with all healthy ingredients and REFINED SUGAR-FREE these Fudgy Cocoa Pomegranate Brownies are the ultimate treat. Dense and rich this melt in your mouth dessert will surely delight you.
Somehow I'm in the mood for chocolate desserts these days. It's because of the weather. Cold temperature and fog in the morning, sun and hot temperature afternoon and mild evenings. My body just don't know what season is. Is it spring or fall or winter. I'm stressed out. My body badly needs some happy hormones.
So I shamelessly enjoy in Chocolate Cinnamon Balls and Chocolate Banana Cake to get my moods up. But like that's not enough chocolate in my life... therefore I decided to indulge myself in the ultimate chocolate dessert - this Fudgy Cocoa Pomegranate Brownies.
Many consider chocolate brownies to be just an ordinary cake, but this fudgy cocoa pomegranate brownies are more than just a daily dessert. It's a chocolate BLAST! Fudgy, full of luxurious dark chocolate flavor, with a bit of pomegranate freshness. Just heavenly!
For making this delicious brownies I used whole grain flour rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Instead of loading this brownie with refined white sugar, I used a healthy, mild flavored honey that is rich in nutrients. The star of this brownie is, of course, super healthy raw cocoa.
I used organic cocoa, rich in flavor, without unnecessary fats. You know how Spanish conquistadors called cocoa? The "black gold"! And with good reason. Raw cocoa is packed with many nutrients but also with antioxidants that protect our body from many illnesses. Cocoa is full of minerals, especially magnesium, iron, manganese, and zinc and it is known that cocoa affects our moods, reduces stress and depression, and protects our heart.
What makes the fudgy brownies so unique it's his dense texture. To obtain that moist, fudgy taste you have to use fats - melted chocolate and butter. I wanted my brownie to be super healthy, so I skipped the butter and used healthy coconut oil. Also I added Greek yogurt, which gave a brownie moisture and fudgy texture but also gave a nice protein kick.
I complemented brownie's chocolate flavor with fragrant Ceylon cinnamon and nutmeg, which gave the fudgy cocoa pomegranate brownies beautiful warm aroma. And I didn't stop there. No no no. I need some more chocolate ... YES ... so I topped brownies with melted dark chocolate.
And to make my brownies more interesting, healthier and well ... more eye pleasing, I also added some pomegranate seeds. Pomegranate seeds gave that special tangy freshness in every bite. The texture of this fudgy cocoa pomegranate brownies is really irresistible - it's dense, moist, really melt in your mouth. And it's loaded with all healthy stuff. I hope that simplicity of this fudgy cocoa pomegranate brownies and the taste will impress you same as me.
Fudgy Cocoa Pomegranate Brownies are...
- made with all healthy ingredients,
- easy to prepare and made in only 20 minutes,
- don't contain refined sugar and unhealthy fats,
- rich in nutrients and low in calories,
- full of fibers and minerals, with a protein kick,
- enriched with super-spice Ceylon cinnamon,
- the main ingredient is raw cocoa that affects mood, reduces stress and depression.
As a true fan of anything chocolate, I'll end up today's post with a quote from British writer Patrick Skene- Catling: "Other things are just food. Chocolate is CHOCOLATE."
Do you agree with this? I'm totally with him on this one. ;)
Fudgy Cocoa Pomegranate Brownies
- ¾ cup whole gain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil melted and cooled
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk plant-based or low-fat cows
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate 80% or more cocoa refined sugar-free
- Preheat the oven to 356F (180C) degrees. Line the bottom of a 9x9 inch (22x22cm) square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and spices.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs with honey. Add coconut oil, greek yogurt and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20 or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out almost clean (you want it to be a little moist with batter).
- Remove pan from the oven. Allow the brownies to cool completely on room temperature.
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- Top the brownies with chocolate glaze and fresh pomegranate seeds.
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B00FGVPAL2,B07FTK5LN3,B002BFQR3G,B005PP9ACY' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='87a23afd-dde7-11e8-89ff-5b976e19513e']