Thick, creamy and incredibly delicious, this Carrot Cake Smoothie tastes just like a slice of your favorite cake! Packed with tons of nutrients, probiotics and SUPERFOODS, this carrot smoothie is the excellent breakfast, snack, or even dessert. + It’s made without added sugars. A nutritious and healthy way to start the day.
Oh yes! I’m soooo into carrot cake everything mood lately. Because carrot cake symbolizes Spring and Spring means happiness. Carrot cake means happiness too. Does that make any sense? … Anyway, now that Spring has finally shown up in all its beauty … the weather is beautiful, birds are singing, and I’m blooming like flowers in my backyard … all I can think of is carrots and sweet carrot cake.
Carrots are sweet little veggies. Colorful and so HEALTHY. Honestly, I feel no guilt (nor shame) about having Carrot Cake Overnight Oats for breakfast and then later nibbling these amazing orange flavored Carrot Oatmeal Cookies. Nope. Both of these beauties are the healthiest + delicious thing EVER. And having this knowing I’m doing something good for my body is liberating.
This carrot smoothie recipe is super healthy, guilt-free and really incredible too. It’s loaded with nutrients and bursting with carrot cake flavor. It feels like a slice of carrot cake in a drinking form. I like that! Especially in the morning. It’s one really tasty breakfast option if you ask me. Sweet, creamy, thick and just beautiful.
How to make a carrot cake smoothie
To make this carrot cake smoothie you will only need a few simple ingredients:
- Banana: Ripe banana will work best here. It will give the smoothie amazing creaminess but also sweetness so you don’t need to add extra added sugars later. If you like your smoothie EXTRA creamy, you can use a frozen banana.
- Milk: Almond milk is the best choice for making this carrot smoothie. Its mildly sweet and nutty flavor pairs perfectly with carrot and all the spices. I don’t recommend using cows milk or coconut milk here. Smoothie won’t taste nice using those milk.
- Yogurt: To boost the smoothie with extra nutrients I also added yogurt. I used plant-based soy probiotic yogurt but you’re welcome to use Greek yogurt if you like. Tangy yogurt balanced sweet banana and carrots and contributed to the overall amazing creaminess. Also yogurt added some gut-friendly probiotics too, transforming this smoothie into a powerful metabolism-boosting drink.
To make this carrot smoothie extra special, I also tossed in some SUPERFOODS:
- Ceylon cinnamon that gave this unbelievable scent and beautiful flavor.
- Fresh ginger that spiced smoothie a bit, but also contributed greatly to the overall taste.
- Walnuts for the extra boost of nutrients, proteins, and heart-healthy fats.
But the main star of this carrot cake smoothie are beautiful, sweet and antioxidant-rich fresh CARROTS that are now in season and just gorgeous. Carrots are a good source of beta-carotene, fibers good for weight loss and healthy digestion, vitamin K, potassium and powerful antioxidants, as well as several B-vitamins.
This rich, sweet and creamy carrot cake smoothie is like dream come true, really. A nourishing blend of whole foods that tastes just like a slice of carrot cake. Yum! It’s very nutritious, loaded with proteins and healthy fats, and fibers good for digestion but without excess calories, WITHOUT ADDED SUGARS. It’s perfect healthy breakfast option. + It’s super easy to whip up! Trust me, you don’t want to miss this beauty.
If you’re fan of carrot cake, check out these amazing recipes too:
Carrot Cake Smoothie
Thick, creamy and delicious, this Carrot Cake Smoothie is perfect nutritious and healthy breakfast. It's packed with amazing flavors and SUPERFOODS, and completely added-sugar-free.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup carrots chopped (about 1 large)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup soya probiotic yogurt
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Dash of nutmeg
Add all the ingredients into your blender and process until smooth.
Pour in glass and add toppings. Drink immediately.
As a measure, I used UScup(240ml).
*** PIN for later ***