Creamy, sweet and flavorful, Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are the most delicious healthy breakfast you can imagine. It's like having a slice of carrot cake in the morning. Yum! Made with hearty oats and carrots, infused with cozy spices and SUPERFOODS, it’s the perfect healthy breakfast to wake up to.
Spring has finally arrived after a long wet coldish winter. Everything is in bloom, the birds are chirping. Just amazing! Finally, we have warmer weather here in the UK and I'm beyond words excited and so ready to lock away all my winter clothes. Although the sun is still somewhat shy and hiding behind clouds, at least I can have my balcony doors wide open throughout the day with fresh air entering the house. It's not freezing COLD anymore. I'm happy, cheerful and so super ready for Spring making and baking.
Honestly, I can't imagine a better way to celebrate the coming of Spring rather than with beautiful sweet CARROTS. They are perfect for welcoming Spring.
From soups to sweet desserts like Carrot Cake Energy Balls and Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies and and oh-so-delicious Carrot Cake Muffins, carrots will rule my kitchen and all my dishes for the next few weeks 'till Easter.
But I decided to take it slow on my blog. So to get you into Spring / carroty mood I decided to share one of my favorite early Spring treats. Delicious Carrot Cake Overnight Oats will be your next favorite healthy breakfast, believe me. This overnight oats recipe is a super easy, make-ahead option for busy mornings. Or when you simply crave sweet, extra nutritious and healthy breakfast.
Overnight oats are my busy morning breakfast savior! I love the idea of putting ingredients in a jar in the evening and then wake up with healthy breakfast waiting for me in the fridge. Prepared. Ready. Absolutely lovely!
Oats are not only healthy and highly nutritious - loaded with fibers and antioxidants, and proteins (yes PROTEINS!) + super easy to make, but also extremely delicious and creamy. Most perfect easy breakfast you can imagine really. Once you master the technique of making the overnight oat base, adding different flavors and topping WILL become your new obsession. Believe me!
To make these overnight oats you'll need just a few simple pantry ingredients:
- Oats: Overnight oats are usually made with old-fashioned rolled oats or quick oats. Rolled oats absorb more liquid and give nice dense texture while quick oats give much creamier mushy texture. I love them both and use what I have currently at hand in the house.
- Milk: When making overnight oats, I love to use organic soy milk because it's naturally sweet and creamier than other dairy-free milk. But any milk is ok really. Use the one you prefer and like.
- Banana: You can add banana on top of overnight oats when you’re ready to eat OR you can mash banana and add into oats + milk mixture. I love to use mashed banana in this recipe. The banana gives creaminess but also a natural sweetness. That way you don't need to add extra sweetener meaning you'll eat less unnecessary calories.
This is the base ingredients for any overnight oats. I like to add some vanilla flavoring too, and if you feel like oats are not sweet enough, you can add some maple syrup or honey. Date syrup is a great option too.
To make these Carrot Cake Overnight Oats extra special boost, I also tossed in some SUPERFOODS in:
- Ceylon cinnamon that gave unbelievable scent and flavor, but sweetens too.
- Hemp seeds for an extra boost of proteins and healthy fats.
- Walnuts for extra healthiness and crunchiness.
Of course, the star of this overnight oats deliciousness is CARROT. Fresh, sweet, loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, in season and beautiful. The final overall texture will depend on how fine you shred the carrots. Finely grated carrots will melt into the softened oats, while coarsely grated carrots will produce more of a crunch. It's all up to you which option will you make. Both are super delicious!
How to make Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
These overnight oats are one of the easiest breakfasts you can imagine. You can assemble it the night before - just add all ingredients to a mason jar, resealable container or in a bowl, and shake or mix it with the spoon. Seal and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
When oats are ready, or in the morning, just add extras - walnuts, banana slices or shredded carrots on the top and enjoy. You can even reheat it in the microwave. Or add extra milk or yoghurt on top. It's that easy!
These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are one delicious but at the same time extra nutritious and healthy breakfast.
It tastes just like indulgent carrot cake dessert. And the best part is, you can enjoy this beauty right in the morning. No added sugars, loaded with superfoods, unbelievably good for your health and sooo creamy, sweet and yummy.
If you're fan of overnight oats, check out these recipes too:
Hope you'll enjoy!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 cup organic soy milk or almond milk or your favorite milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- Add oats, milk, vanilla, mashed banana hemp seeds and spices to mason jar. Shake jar or mix and combine with a spoon.
- Mix in grated carrots, chopped walnuts, and raisins.
- Seal and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with more milk if desired and sprinkle with additional walnuts, carrots, and raisins before serving (optional).
*** PIN for later ***