Pumpkin Roll Cake with a luscious maple cream cheese filling is perfect festive holiday dessert! It's light and flavorful, made with all HEALTHY nutritious ingredients, low-calorie and REFINED SUGAR-FREE. Delightfully delicious and guilt-free.
Well hello there, you beautiful December.... I've been eagerly waiting for you to come. I'm totally ready for jollie Holidays! I can't wait to decorate my house with all the colorful lights and to fill my kitchen with warm cookie fragrance. Oh, I know you can feel me! For me, December means a whole lot of baking, indulging in food and celebrating. That's what's December is all about. Honestly, I can't wait to get started. With everything... the lights, the decorations, the food. I'm going to overdue this season with EVERYTHING. And I mean everything! I don't care. I love Christmas and I will enjoy and celebrate.
We plan to set our tree really early this year. Well, I know in America people start decorating and preparing right after Thanksgiving. Well in Croatia, customs are a bit different. People here decorate the tree on Christmas Eve. But I can't wait that long! So I'll be breaking all the customs and rules this year. Also, I can't wait to start baking cookies. Oh my... and do I have something special for YOU this Christmas! YES! My first Healthy Christmas Cookies Cookbook is OUT NOW!
But before all this crazy Christmas cookie baking and making, let's say farewell to November and pumpkin season with this beautiful, sweet and fragrant Pumpkin Roll Cake. Shall we? I think I had enough of pumpkins this season. I'm ready to let pumpkins go. It's time for Gingerbread Loaf and Vanilla Crescent Cookies.
I made this Pumpkin Roll Cake for the first time on my birthday, which was two weeks ago. My hubby, my whole family and guest were so delighted that I decided to make another one following week. Luckily I have tons of homemade pumpkin puree stocked in my fridge, so when my hubby calls for something sweet I am well prepared to bake him Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies or Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins. But this classic Fall beauty quickly became our family favorite. So I made another just for us. And, oh boy, did we enjoy every sweet, delicate bite.
I guessed it would be a darn shame not to share this Pumpkin Roll Cake recipe with you guys. It's like the easiest dessert you can make. It's made with all HEALTHY stuff, refined sugar-free and super low-calorie. Plus it's pretty festive. Perfect for upcoming Holidays!
To make this pumpkin cream cheese roll cake I used all HEALTHY ingredients - whole grain flour, healthy coconut oil and natural sweeteners. It's filled with nutrients and absolutely guilt-free. This cake is super sweet tasting, but, as I said, it doesn't contain any refined sugars. It's sweetened with pumpkin puree and coconut sugar. Actually, it contains very little added sugars, considering that it is a roll cake after all.
For the filling, I used light cream cheese that's low in fat and rich in proteins. I enriched the filling with beautiful warm vanilla essence and sweet subtle maple syrup. Also, the whole Pumpkin Roll Cake is filled with healing spices - Ceylon cinnamon and ginger. It's so fragrant and beautifully soft. Truly addictive!
I hope this festive pumpkin cream cheese roll cake will find its place on your Holiday table this year.
Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper to fit the bottom of the 15x10-inch jelly roll pan. Leave an inch overhang on each end of the pan. Grease the parchment paper with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, soda, and spices.
- In another larger bowl beat the eggs with sugar until fluffy. Mix in pumpkin puree. Add dry ingredients in wet and mix until nicely combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 14-15 minutes until edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Lay a large kitchen towel on the countertop. When the cake comes out of the oven, turn the pan upside down on the towel, so the cake falls out onto the towel. Peel off the parchment paper, being careful not to tear the cake roll.
- Starting at one of the short ends, roll the pumpkin cake up with the towel and let it cool completely while rolled up.
- While the roll is cooling, mix the cream cheese with coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup with an electric mixer until it is light and creamy. Add maple syrup to taste.
- Once the cake roll is cooled, unroll but don’t flatten out the cake roll (it’s ok if it’s slightly curved still). Spread filling evenly with the spatula over the cake.
- Roll up the cake without the towel and wrap it up with plastic wrap. Place it in the fridge to firm up, for at least an hour before serving.
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B0029JQE3M,B01DLHA9OA,B002BFQR3G' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='83f58c3e-d6c8-11e7-9996-879982c020fc']