This Pumpkin Roll Cake is the perfect treat. Filled with beautiful seasonal spices, packed with fresh pumpkin puree and cream cheese filling, it's delicious. It's also easy to make, uses simple wholesome pantry ingredients, and doesn't have refined sugar. Low-calorie and totally guilt-free.
Well hello, beautiful Autumn.... I've been eagerly waiting for you to come. I'm totally ready for seasonal flavors, sweet pumpkins and treats. My house is fully decorated to welcome you.
This Pumpkin Roll Cake is just one of many pumpkin recipes I'm going to bake over and over this Fall. My boys love it. No wonder. It's sweet, filled with seasonal flavors, tangy cream cheese filling and fresh pumpkins.
It's wholesome, low-calorie, and dosn't have refined unhealthy sugars. Plus, it's super easy to make with simple pantry ingredients. Looks pretty festive too. Perfect for upcoming Holidays!
I made this Pumpkin Roll Cake for the first time on my birthday, which was two weeks ago. My hubby, my whole family and guest were so delighted that I decided to make another one following week.
Luckily I have tons of homemade pumpkin puree stocked in my fridge, so when my hubby calls for something sweet I am well prepared to bake him Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies or Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins. But this classic Fall beauty quickly became our family favorite. So I made another just for us. And, oh boy, did we enjoy every sweet, delicate bite.
To make this pumpkin cream cheese roll cake I used all HEALTHY ingredients - whole grain flour, healthy coconut oil and natural sweeteners. It's filled with nutrients and absolutely guilt-free. This cake is super sweet tasting, but, as I said, it doesn't contain any refined sugars. It's sweetened with pumpkin puree and coconut sugar. Actually, it contains very little added sugars, considering that it is a roll cake after all.
For the filling, I used light cream cheese that's low in fat and rich in proteins. I enriched the filling with beautiful warm vanilla essence and sweet subtle maple syrup. Also, the whole Pumpkin Roll Cake is filled with healing spices - Ceylon cinnamon and ginger. It's so fragrant and beautifully soft. Truly addictive!
I hope this festive pumpkin cream cheese roll cake will find its place on your Holiday table this year.
Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper to fit the bottom of the 15x10-inch jelly roll pan. Leave an inch overhang on each end of the pan. Grease the parchment paper with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt, soda, and spices.
- In another larger bowl beat the eggs with sugar until fluffy. Mix in pumpkin puree. Add dry ingredients in wet and mix until nicely combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 14-15 minutes until edges pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Lay a large kitchen towel on the countertop. When the cake comes out of the oven, turn the pan upside down on the towel, so the cake falls out onto the towel. Peel off the parchment paper, being careful not to tear the cake roll.
- Starting at one of the short ends, roll the pumpkin cake up with the towel and let it cool completely while rolled up.
- While the roll is cooling, mix the cream cheese with coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup with an electric mixer until it is light and creamy. Add maple syrup to taste.
- Once the cake roll is cooled, unroll but don’t flatten out the cake roll (it’s ok if it’s slightly curved still). Spread filling evenly with the spatula over the cake.
- Roll up the cake without the towel and wrap it up with plastic wrap. Place it in the fridge to firm up, for at least an hour before serving.