These Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait cups made with creamy peanut butter and homemade honey granola, topped with FRESH fruits and superfoods are perfect summertime breakfast. These are easy to make and packed with proteins and many nutrients. Decadent, yet HEALTHY. Refined sugar-free and super delicious!
A few weeks back I got this super-duper invitation to host a healthy breakfast in coworking space where I have my office. They wanted me to organize a breakfast for all the coworkers there - to preach why breakfast is the most important meal of the day, to showcase what I typically eat for breakfast and of course to make some easy HEALTHY breakfast meals for them.
My eyes were literally swamped with happy tears when I got that invite. I waited for this moment my whole life! ... Ok I'm overreacting. BUT really... I wanted to do this since I moved there. These people NEEDED these healthy meals. They needed me to show them how delicious and super EASY breakfast can be - to never-ever skip their breakfast again.
I've decided to make Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie and Blueberry Banana Smoothie. Smoothies are always a good breakfast idea especially for people who are busy. Also, they are the great way to show that healthy breakfast doesn't have to be complicated nor tedious - but rather tasty, easy and super NUTRITIOUS.
Also, I wanted to make something with crunchy granola and brain/energy boosting peanut butter... something creamy, refreshing and super attractive. So I came up with this Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait cups that are loaded with HEALTHY stuff, super filling and soooo delicious - full of FRESH berry flavor. These cups swept people off their feet. Literally.
These Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait cups are packed with HEALTHY nutrients – heart-healthy fats, fibers, vitamins, and essential minerals. And by packed I mean chock-full. It’s a true energy blast that will boost your energy, your brain power, and most importantly your health. + It WILL keep you full until lunch. Believe me!
To make these cups I used Greek yogurt full of proteins in which I mixed creamy peanut butter LOADED with more proteins, monounsaturated fatty acids (healthy fats), fibers, vitamins A and E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium, and many other amazing nutrients. I'm overwhelmed with peanut butter health benefits. But most importantly it's very satisfying.
Layers of creamy peanut butter yogurt mixture are disrupted with crunchy sweet, honey homemade granola. Granola is crumbled right into the yogurt mixture like a delicious dream. The banana slices placed along with granola gave unbelievable texture and natural sweetness.
Sweet and creamy peanut butter yogurt layers are topped with FRESH fruits and sprinkled with SUPERFOODS - bee pollen and crushed goji berries. A really good stuff! You can add some toasted coconut chips too.
I did boost up these parfait cups with some collagen peptides. They worked great in this, adding up nutrients and healthiness.
Everything about these Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait cups is PERFECT - the texture, crunchiness, creaminess... The flavor is just beyond amazing. It’s decadent, yet HEALTHY. Refined sugar-free and super delicious! Perfect summertime breakfast, dessert, or afternoon snack.
Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait cups are:
- Loaded with nutrients that promote good health.
- Powered with superfoods – bee pollen and goji berries.
- Sweet but REFINED sugar-free.
- Ridiculously quick and easy.
- Full of fruity + peanut butter flavor.
- Packed with proteins, fibers and antioxidants.
- It’s 100% waistline-friendly and soooo GOOD!
My mission with coworkers breakfast was a complete success. People left the event with their bellies full and happy. And these Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait cups just signed up to be my next favorite breakfast. I really hope you'll give these beauties a go too.
Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait
For Honey Granola (around 6 servings)
For Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Parfait (makes 2 cups)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup optional
- 3 teaspoon collagen peptides optional
- 1 cup honey granola from above
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen optional
- 1 teaspoon goji berries optional
Make honey granola
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together coconut oil, vanilla, honey, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold in oats and puffed rice.
- Pour granola onto prepared cookie sheet, spreading evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway so it cooks evenly.
- Granola is done when it's golden brown. Allow to cool completely before using.
- Use some granola for the parfaits. Rest you can store in a mason jar for weeks!
Assemble the parfaits
- Place Greek yogurt in a large bowl and add peanut butter. Stir until completely combined and smooth. Add collagen (if using) and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon. Add maple syrup to taste (if using). Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Divide half of the peanut butter yogurt between two cups and top with banana slices and granola.
- Divide the remaining peanut butter yogurt, banana, and granola between the cups. Top it with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
- Sprinkle with goji berries and bee pollen (if using).
- Serve immediately.
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B00U171JAM,B0779M8Q4N,B00X6VF52S,B00LGLHUA0' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='6eff1bc4-6b23-11e8-9b5e-51c61edbb4f7']