Easy fresh peach blackberry crisp made with all healthy ingredients, seasoned with warm and fragrant spices – cinnamon and nutmeg, sweetened with honey. This crisp is packed with nutrients and easily-digestible healthy fibers and so it’s perfect breakfast or afternoon dessert/snack.
While most of my fellow bloggers already started to publish fall recipes on their blogs, I just can’t say goodbye to summer. I’m just not ready to let summer go. I’m still in the summer mood and preparing sweet summer recipes with seasonal fruits. Although this easy fresh peach blackberry crisp will fill your house with overwhelming warm autumn scent, when you taste it, your taste buds will totally say SUMMER! :D
For making this easy fresh peach blackberry crisp, I used fresh peaches that are now in season and frozen blackberries. I have the freezer full of blackberries thanks to my dear friend Marina, so I’m planning to bake and make quite a few more recipes with this super healthy fruit. BTW have you checked out my latest Blackberry Chia Seed Jam and Raspberry Lemon Cake recipe? Maybe you should ;)
The peach blackberry crisp consists of two parts – the fruity part and crisp topping. For making the crisp topping I used whole wheat flour in which I added regular rolled oats. Thus I enriched the crisp with more healthy fibers. I seasoned the mixture with fragrant cinnamon and nutmeg, and I added honey, just to add a bit of sweetness. Instead of butter that is commonly used for making crisp, I used super healthy coconut oil rich is medium-chain fatty acids, which stimulate your body’s metabolism. Super great! :)
The fruity part consists of, well you know… fruits :) peaches and blackberries which I sprinkled with honey. I also added some freshly grated lemon zest that elevated the taste of the whole crisp with the pleasant zesty aroma. On top, I toss some spelt (Dinkel wheat) grits which combined fruits nicely. Spelt grits enriched this peach blackberry crisp with easily-digestible healthy and nutritious fibers.
It’s best to have this peach blackberry crisp when it is still hot, just upon removing from the oven, served with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. I recommend you serve this crisp with super healthy homemade banana ice cream. Banana ice cream contains no added sugars or fats, and it’s easy to make. Just like this easy fresh peach blackberry crisp.
This peach blackberry crisp has a light texture. It’s fruity and not too sweet, and it’s very nutritious and healthy. You can serve this easy fresh peach blackberry crisp as afternoon dessert, but also you can have it for breakfast. Cake and ice cream for breakfast? You bet! I’m sure your kids will be thrilled with such a morning meal ;)
∗ PIN this for later! ∗
Easy Fresh Peach Blackberry Crisp
- 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1-2 pcs large peaches
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon spelt Dinkel wheat grits
- 1 tablespoon honey or syrup
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup regular rolled oats
- 8 tablespoons melted cooled coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey or syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Banana ice cream: 2 ripe bananas cut into slices and frozen minimum 4 hours, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 356F (180C).
- Peel peaches and cut into slices. If you are using fresh blackberries, wash and drain them.
- Sprinkle baking dish 11 x 7 inch (27x18cm) with coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and rolled oats with spices. Add the coconut oil and mix until crumbly with your fingers. Set aside.
- Arrange fruit on the bottom of greased baking dish. Sprinkle with honey or syrup. Add freshly grated lemon zest and toss spelt (Dinkel wheat) grits on top.
- Sprinkle crisp topping mixture evenly over the fruits.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 min, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with banana ice cream.
- For banana ice cream: Put frozen banana slices into the food processor. Add vanilla. Mix until smooth.
[box]Did you like this recipe? Are you interested in a healthy lifestyle? Then subscribe to my VIP list and get new blog posts delivered straight to your inbox. More healthy recipes and tips on healthy eating are coming.
Check out my other healthy recipes ;)