These delightful Cinnamon Coconut Chips will satisfy any craving. They are crispy, sweet and salty, ideal guilt-free snack. Made with only 3 ingredients and in less than 15 minutes, this coconut chips recipe is perfect healthy nibble your whole family will love.
My hubs is a huge fan of snacking. When he works, a bowl of snacks is always on his desk. I’m more movie snacker myself. I love to have some nibbles when I’m relaxing. But for him nibbling while working is a sort of stress relief. Which is totally fine as long as he nibbles some healthier stuff. That’s why I always make sure to have some healthy snacks in the house ready for him and his long working hours.
When I’m super lazy I just make simple trail mix with dried fruits, nuts and seeds. Or I put him Cinnamon Orange Granola in a bowl. That’s a great, simple and super healthy snack! And when I’m in my super-mood, I love to toast some nuts and make him his favorite spiced Cinnamon Roasted Almonds.
Since he’s into spices and different flavor combos, I decided to whip him up something with my favorite snack option – coconut chips. Crispy, salty and subtly sweet, these toasted Cinnamon Coconut Chips are just amazing. This coconut chips recipe is super easy to make with only 3-ingredients! In less than 15 minutes!!! And here’s why coconut chips are a great nibble option and how to make this super healthy Coconut Chips snack.
What are coconut chips?
Coconut chips are basically the coconut meat sliced into long strips. For those who are not familiar with coconut… Coconut meat is that white flesh inside of a coconut. It’s that simple. If you’re adventures enough and have time, you can make your own coconut chips from the whole coconut. But again if you ever tried opening and slicing the whole coconut then you’ll know that isn’t an easy job. That’s why I find store-bought coconut chips more convenient.
There are two types of coconut chips in stores: sweetened and unsweetened, toasted and untoasted. I always buy unsweetened raw (untoasted) coconut chips. It’s much cheaper and since it’s not flavored and sweetened, it can be used for many sweet and savory recipes. + Many toasted and prepackaged coconut products are heavily sweetened, which is like not healthy at all.
Why coconut is so good for you?
I’m a HUGE fan of coconut but not just because of its amazing tropical taste. Coconut is loaded with nutrients and provide many benefits for our health.
Coconut meat is basically just fat and fiber. Around 89% of the coconut fat is saturated fat (1) and while saturated fat has bad reputation of being unhealthy if consumed in high amounts, most of the coconut fats are medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are absorbed intact in your small intestine and used by your body to produce energy (2). Also, most of the fibers in coconut meat are insoluble, meaning that it doesn’t get digested. Instead, it helps to keep our digestive system healthy and aids bowel health.
Rich in fiber and MCTs, coconut offers a number of benefits, including weight loss, it keeps our heart healthy, helps digestion and supports brain health, keep our blood sugar levels, and aids immunity. (3)
Cinnamon Coconut Chips ingredients
To make this crunchy super tasty snack, you’ll need only q few simple ingredients:
- COCONUT CHIPS: I used unsweetened organic coconut chips. Raw, unflavored and super healthy, it’s perfect for making this treat.
- SWEETENER: I used organic coconut sugar. It gave subtle sweetness, perfect caramel flavor, and a beautiful color.
- CEYLON CINNAMON: Ceylon cinnamon, also known as “true” cinnamon, is a highly delicious spice with many health benefits. Cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties. (4, 5) Cinnamon gave this incredible snack a truly wonderful flavor.
How to make toasted Cinnamon Coconut Chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare and measure all ingredients using measuring cups.
- Put 3 cups of coconut chips in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle coconut chips with 1 tablespoon of water. Toss everything with hands.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix everything with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour dry ingredients over coconut chips and mix with a spatula until coconut chips are coated in the dry mixture.
- Spread coconut chips onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten into one layer.
- Baking is probably the most challenging part. The goal is to NOT OVER-TOAST the coconut chips. That’s why you basically need to sit and watch over the chips while it bakes.
- My formula is: bake for 5 minutes and then stir coconut chips to make sure everything bakes evenly. Bake for another 2 minutes then again toss, and then bake for another 2 minutes and toss. Keep your eyes on coconut chips. You want perfect crisp, crunchy, golden brown lovelies.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, transfer to a container or bowl for serving. These are best served at room temperature!
- Store in an air-tight glass container for up to two months.
Toasted Cinnamon Coconut Chips benefits
- It’s nutrient-dense snack option, made with all natural and wholesome ingredients!
- It’s crispy and mildly sweet, beautifully flavored.
- It’s made without refined sugars.
- It’s rich in nutrients – healthy fats for energy and fibers for digestion.
- It’s enriched with SUPER-SPICE – Ceylon cinnamon.
- It’s great for aiding digestion and weight loss.
- It’s vegan and gluten free.
- It’s very filling and perfect for nibbling.
- Kids love it!!!
The flavors in these toasted Cinnamon Coconut Chips are so perfectly blended. Sweet and salty, toasted coconut coated with beautiful cinnamon flavor. Crispy and just addictive! And jet so simple and easy to make. + So healthy and totally guilt-free! I promise this will become your favorite snack option as soon as you try it.
You can serve these tasty coconut chips on special occasions like birthday parties, game nights or take it for picnics, even road trips. Or just grab a pinch when you feel sudden hunger strike or drop of energy.
Cinnamon Coconut Chips
Crispy, sweet and salty, these toasted Cinnamon Coconut Chips are a great healthy snack idea. These tasty nibbles will satisfy any craving! + They are SO easy to make at home. You only need 3 simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes! Vegan. Gluten-free. Refined sugar-free. Kid-friendly!
Preheat the oven to 325F. Line big baking sheet with parchment paper.
Prepare and measure all ingredients using measuring cups.
Put 3 cups of coconut chips in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle coconut chips with 1 tablespoon of water. Toss everything with hands.
In a small bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix everything with a spoon or spatula.
Pour dry ingredients over coconut chips and mix with a spatula until coconut chips are coated in the dry mixture.
Spread coconut chips onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten into one layer.
Bake for 5 minutes and then stir coconut chips to make sure everything bakes evenly.
Bake for another 2 minutes then again toss, and then bake for another 2 minutes. Keep your eyes on coconut chips not to over-toast them.
Remove form the oven and allow to cool completely.
Once cool, transfer to a container or bowl for serving.
STORING: Store in an airtight container for up to two months.
As a measure, I used US cup (240ml).
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.
More healthy snacks recipes
- Lemon Coconut Energy Balls
- Healthy Coconut Bites
- Chocolate Prune Energy Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
If you’ve tried this Cinnamon Coconut Chips recipe or any other recipe on Natalie’s Health, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you!