Juicy delicious Soy Marinated Chicken Skewers are ideal weekday family dinner ready in no-time. Marinated in soy sauce with TURMERIC and GINGER, these super aromatic and tender chicken skewers are also perfect for BBQ grilling and summer cookouts.
I just loooove simple family dinners that are done in no-time. You know that feeling when you come home from work and you have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes? No fuss. Well, this Soy Marinated Chicken Skewers recipe is just that - perfect EASY to make super healthy dinner.
This recipe is perfect for weekdays but also for grilling and BBQ fun outdoors. Whether you prepare this Soy Marinated Chicken Skewers on the grill or in a pan at home, I'm sure you will be justly thrilled with its taste. The meat is tender, juicy and aromatic. So flavorful and you going to love it!
For making this Chicken Skewers, I used chicken white meat, which I marinated in soy sauce with spices. The marinade is made with salty flavorful soy sauce with added turmeric, ginger, and aromatic thyme. Turmeric and ginger gave the meat unique flavor and gave wonderful deep flavor and beautiful color.
Since chicken white meat tend to be rather dry when you grill it, make sure you add some oil in marinade and grill. I used extra virgin olive oil.
The meat must be marinated for at least half an hour before grilling, but it's best if you leave it in the marinade for four hours or overnight. That way all the flavors and aroma nicely combine with the meat and the meat gets tender and juicy on the grill. During the week, I usually prepare the marinade for the meat in the morning before I go to work or night before. I leave the meat in the fridge, and when I come home from work, I just put the meat on the wooden sticks and grill chicken skewers literally in no time. Easy peasy!
For a complete, balanced and nutritious lunch, serve chicken kebabs with bulgur. Bulgur is a quick-cooking form of whole wheat with a pleasant, nut-like flavor. It is a great substitute for rice and pasta.
I make this Soy Marinated Chicken Skewers quite often because it's easy, healthy meal and my family just loves it. My kid enjoys in kebabs the most. When I watch him eat kebabs all smudgy from the sauce it gives me much satisfaction. I know he's eating something healthy, which makes me a one happy mummy!
Soy Marinated Chicken Skewers
For Chicken Skewers:
For Chicken Skewers:
- Cut the meat into 1 ½-inch cubes. Put in a medium bowl. Add soy sauce, olive oil and spices. Mix well and leave to marinate for at least 30 minute up to 4 hours.
- When ready, thread the chicken meat onto wooden skewers.
- Heat grilling pan or non-sticking pan. Grease it a bit with coconut oil.
- If cooking in non-sticking pan: Cook the meat in a pan for 7-8 mins on each side until the chicken is golden brown. Turn the kebabs frequently. When the meat is cooked, add a little water in the rest of the marinade mixture, and pour over the meat. Leave the meat in the liquid for another minute. Remove from heat and serve.
- If cooking in grilling pan: Cook the meat in a pan for 7-8 mins on each side until the chicken is golden brown. Turn the kebabs frequently. While grilling, moisten the meat with the marinade.
- Bring water to boil. Add bulgur wheat and vegetable cube. Mix well and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Add coconut oil and turmeric and mix well. Let it sit for another minute or two.
- Serve warm with grilled chicken skewers.
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B01INE7T94,B00F0RBF3E,B074QKGPSK' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='e6a7e3c1-6fbb-11e8-9812-099976a09ab6']