Soft, fragrant, super healthy Pumpkin Seeds Energy Balls made without added sugars. These energy balls are very nutritious, full of fibers, proteins, and healthy plant-based omega-3s. An ideal healthy snack between meals.
Energy balls are kind of cool. They are easy to make, don't require a lot of ingredients, they are super healthy and can quickly satisfy your cravings for sweets. And all this without unnecessary or unhealthy calories - if you, of course, watch what you put in the mixture. Amazing! Right?! YES! I LOVE energy balls too. After I had published the recipe for Apple Pie Energy Bites I started receiving a lot of positive comments through my Facebook page. Because you like my energy balls so much, I've decided to share another recipe with you. I'm sure that this new pumpkin seeds energy balls will equally delight you as they are delicious, healthy and easy to prepare.
As a base for making these pumpkin seeds energy balls, I used again highly nutritional ingredients - oats and pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of dietary fiber and healthy unsaturated fatty acids - plant-based omega-3s. The fiber in pumpkin seeds helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease, while omega-3s reduce the possibility of heart attack and stroke. Pumpkin seeds are also an excellent source of plant-based proteins, and minerals like magnesium, zinc, calcium, potassium, copper and iron. Yup, pumpkin seeds may be small, but they’re packed full of valuable nutrients. To make this pumpkin seeds energy balls even more wholesome, I also added chia seeds that enriched energy balls with more fibers and high-quality plant-based proteins.
This pumpkin seeds energy balls contains no added sugars - they are naturally sweetened with dried Medjool dates. Softened in warm water, Medjool dates combined with oats made these energy balls irresistibly fluffy. The mixture of warm fragrant spices - ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg, gave pumpkin seeds energy balls wonderful aroma. The sense of true autumn in every bite.
Pumpkin Seeds Energy Balls are ...
- made with only 7 ingredients and done in 10 minutes,
- full of high-quality dietary fibers that promote good digestion, weight loss and healthy digestive system,
- rich in plant-based proteins,
- full of healthy fats - omega 3s fatty acids,
- contains no added sugars,
- enriched with healing spices - ginger and cinnamon,
- rich in minerals - magnesium, calcium and iron,
- good for heart health
- perfect kids or post-workout snack,
- low in calories and very nutritious.
Pumpkin seeds energy balls are highly nutritious and will quickly fill you up, so they are an excellent healthy snack between meals. They are also perfect post-workout snack. Kids love them too. Make a bunch and store them in a glass container for your kids. It's better for them to nibble pumpkin seeds energy balls rather than a sweet store bought candy. Right?
∗ PIN this for later! ∗
Pumpkin Seeds Energy Balls
- Remove the pits from dates and soak them in hot water for several minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place in food processor. Save the water.
- Add the other ingredients - oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and spices to a food processor and blend until mixture turns into paste or dough-like consistency. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
- With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls into ground almonds and place them on the baking sheet.
- Store pumpkin seeds energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.
[box type="note" border="full"]Did you like this recipe? Are you interested in a healthy lifestyle? Then subscribe to my VIP list and get new blog posts delivered straight to your inbox. More healthy recipes and tips on healthy eating are coming.