Creamy Ginger Egg Salad popping with spicy FRESH ginger flavor. This salad is loaded with HEALTHY stuff - heart healthy fats and proteins, extremely light and very nutritious. It's perfect in a sandwich or as party food served with veggies or chips. No mayo—just delicious!
I know that you're probably fed up with ALL that Easter food - hams, eggs, even the yummy cakes and sweet treats. So you may wonder, why oh why does she post EGG salad NOW! Well, I certainly am fed with Easter food (I'm living on smoothies and salads for last few days and I can't even bear the thought of smoked, cooked ham. Just NO!) BUT after Easter, the ONE question emerges in my head (probably yours too)?! What to do with all that hard-boiled Easter eggs?
I have like TONS of boiled eggs in my house. We made around 35 colored eggs this year + we received dozens from our family too. It's hard-boiled eggs OVERLOAD to the max! I bet that you probably looking for ways to use all that hard-boiled Easter Eggs leftovers, right? Well same here!
So, here's one suggestion how to use those eggs leftovers and make a delicious and HEALTHY salad that you can serve for breakfast, or pack and take to work for lunch. This Ginger Egg Salad is so amazingly creamy and yet so light. It's great for picnics. And the outdoor BBQ parties too. Lovely!
To make this salad, you'll only need a few simple ingredients - hard boiled eggs, extra virgin olive oil, Greek yogurt, few spices and some fresh veggies.
This Ginger Egg Salad is special because it's mayo-free and doesn't contain any sour cream. It's so light-textured and just beautiful. Instead of heavy creams and mayo, I used virgin olive oil and Greek yogurt. Olive oil enriched this salad with many nutrients and heart healthy fats - monounsaturated fatty acids while Greek yogurt gave the salad a little protein boost, without excessive and unnecessary calories.
All those HEALTHY ingredients made this Ginger Egg Salad a super low-calorie and PERFECT for spring!
This Ginger Egg Salad is well balanced too. It has everything you need in one meal - a right amount of healthy fats, proteins and some fibers... and other nutrients - vitamins and minerals. It's very nutritious too. It will keep you well fed for hours.
But what makes this salad really special is the addition of freshly grated super-spice GINGER. Ginger gave the salad most wonderful zesty scent and a bit spiciness, but many health benefits too. The addition of fresh aromatic ginger in combination with pungent Dijon mustard made out of this salad a real spring tasty sensation.
Ginger Egg Salad is a must-try because it's...
- super easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients,
- rich in heart-healthy fats,
- rich in vitamin A, vitamin B12, calcium, and iron,
- full of antioxidants - beta carotene that protect our body and support the immune system,
- rich in HEALTHY omega-3 fatty acids,
- loaded with quality proteins and very nutritious,
- contains super spice - GINGER,
- low-calorie, kid-friendly, mayo-free,
- perfect breakfast to-go, or office lunch, picknick meal or BBQ party side dish,
- creamy and just delicious!
Serve this Ginger Egg Salad on whole wheat toast with fresh seasonal veggies - I used fresh arugula and fresh cucumber. Or make a delightful Ginger Egg Salad Sandwich. Or Ginger Egg Salad Wrap to-go. The options are numerous. And all YUMMY! :)
Ginger Egg Salad
- 4 hard boiled eggs cooled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger root
- Lemon juice to taste
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt, olive oil, Dijon mustard, freshly grated ginger root and lemon juice.
- In a separate larger salad bowl, add diced hard boiled eggs. Add yogurt-oil mixture and stir well. Add Himalayan salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Serve with fresh arugula and veggies on the toast or in sandwich.
These are my recommendation for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B008EQAMK0,B008EQAMNC,B000Y528F6' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='592313ec-2d1e-11e8-a17f-8937092479f7']