Easy Chicken Parmesan baked in the oven with mozzarella cheese and homemade tomato sauce, seasoned with fragrant spices. This dish is made WITHOUT ADDED FAT, which makes this meal super HEALTHY and low-fat. Perfect weekday dinner your family will love.
I prepare easy chicken parmesan quite a lot. My boys love it. And I like it because it's super-easy to make and just super tasty, healthy dish. It's time and energy saver too. Perfect weekday dinner. Honestly, who can resist crispy, fragrant crust topped with melted cheese, and tender and juicy meat inside?! Omnomnom...
For making this dish I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can cut the meat crosswise in half and make thinner chicken cutlets. We like juicier meat, so I leave chicken breast in one piece. First, I prepared the meat - I washed and dried the chicken breasts with paper towels, season it with the salt, and then I coated the meat with extra virgin olive oil for the whole grain breadcrumb mixture stick better to the meat. Then I rolled the chicken in a fragrant breadcrumb mixture in which I added freshly grated parmesan cheese and spices. All you need to do then is line chicken in the baking pan, add a bit of homemade tomato sauce on top of the meat, and top all with mozzarella and oregano. Doesn't this sounds just FAB! Yeah.. I know. ???
Homemade tomato sauce is really easy to make, it's super tasty and most importantly - HEALTHY because it doesn't contain additives or added sugars as store-bought sauces do. Homemade tomato sauce goes perfectly with this easy chicken parmesan. I usually make the sauce ahead and keep it in the fridge. Homemade tomato sauce is perfect for pizza and pasta dishes as well. You can find my recipe for homemade tomato sauce >> here.
It takes 30 minutes for thinner chicken cutlets to be baked, and 45 minutes for thicker cuts, which gives you a plenty of time to prepare side dish, salad or veggies. Or you can just relax and spend time with family. ? Or you can do laundry, clean living room, or bathroom,... (or maybe NOT ?)
Chicken breasts are an excellent source of lean proteins. Baked in the oven without added fat, makes chicken breasts an excellent low-calorie meal. Also, oven baked chicken breasts is a much healthier than classic fried chicken cutlets which are full of unnecessary, unhealthy fat.
Easy chicken parmesan is a super tasty meal, and the chicken meat is anything but dry - it's juicy, tender and very delicious. Crispy crust enriched with parmesan cheese, combined with fragrant homemade tomato sauce and melted mozzarella, gives each bite a feeling of pure pleasure.
For complete balanced meal, serve this chicken parmesan with whole grains - whole wheat pasta, bulgur, couscous, and some seasonal salad or veggies.
Enjooooy !!! ???
Easy Chicken Parmesan
- 2 pieces (about 400g/14oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese Grana padano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Himalayan salt (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce homemade is the BEST!
- ½ cup (about 125g/4.5oz) mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Wash and dry chicken breast with paper towels. Season with salt.
- In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese and spices.
- Brush olive oil on each side of chicken breast and then dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat. Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon homemade tomato sauce on each chicken breast. Top it with mozzarella cheese. Season with oregano to taste.
- Place into oven and bake 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with whole grains, salad or vegetables.