Soft, sweet and just delicious, no-bake Carrot Cake Energy Balls made with all HEALTHY stuff are perfect snack or dessert. These yummy energy bites are flavored with fresh ginger and well balanced with plant-based proteins, healthy fats, fibers, and essential nutrients. Refined sugar-free and addictive!
Easter is just around the corner, and I started to decorate our home and work on the holiday menu. My kid is looking forward to egg coloring, husband is dreaming about that smoked, cooked ham and I'm all in baking and making desserts. You can feel the holiday spirit in our home.
I really like Easter as a holiday. Mainly because it celebrates the new beginning, rebirth, and love. Winter is gone, nature is waking up, all is in bloom... everything is so cheerful and bright. Small yellow chicks, fluffy bunnies, and colorful Easter eggs somehow cheer even the grimmest and grumpiest heart. That's why I love Easter so much!
This year Easter is rather late. We had enough time to recover from Christmas indulging. So this year I'm particularly looking forward to Easter.
To make sure you have delicious but also healthy holidays, today I give you a super simple recipe for HEALTHY no-bake Carrot Cake Energy Balls made with fresh flavorful ginger and walnuts.
If you liked my Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies and healthy Carrot Cake, I'm pretty sure you're going to LOVE this Carrot Cake Energy Balls. To make these balls you'll only need a few simple ingredients that you probably already have at home and literally 10 minutes of your time. + You don't need to turn on the oven to enjoy in this cute little bites. Lovely!
For those who don't like carrots, especially fresh ones, these balls are the great way to "trick" them to eat this amazing veggie. Carrot is cleverly wrapped with aromatic spices. You can't even notice it's there... and still, it gives all the amazing nutrients and benefits. I'm only going to say this... these balls passed the ultimate husband test, and he REALLY doesn't like carrots... like at all. He ate few of these carrot bites and happily walked away not even noticing the carrot is inside. Success!
For making these Carrot Cake Energy Balls, I used simple ingredients - fresh carrot, naturally sweet Medjool dates, rolled oats, walnuts and chia seeds. I spiced the mixture with amazing and super healthy ginger that gave the balls beautiful exotic aroma and scent. Also, I used a bit of vanilla flavoring too.
The texture of these aromatic Carrot Cake Energy Balls is super light, ideal for the upcoming spring time and warmer weather. This yummy treat is also totally kid-friendly. It's made without added refined sugars, so it's super low-calorie too.
Carrot Cake Energy Balls are ...
- made with only 7 ingredients and done in 10 minutes,
- full of high-quality dietary fibers that promote good digestion, weight loss, and healthy digestive system,
- rich in plant-based proteins,
- rich in healthy omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin A,
- refined sugar-free,
- enriched with healing spice – ginger,
- gluten-free and vegan,
- low in calories, kid-friendly and very nutritious,
- an excellent post-workout snack.
The texture of these aromatic and sweet balls completely light... perfect for spring and upcoming warm weather. Will brighten a holiday table too. Carrot Cake Energy Balls are super simple healthy snack and post -workout snack. You can pack these bites in school lunchbox too. It's better than unhealthy sweets, that's for sure.
Carrot Cake Energy Balls
- Remove the pits from dates and soak them in hot water for several minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place in food processor. Save the water.
- Add the other ingredients to a food processor and blend until mixture turns into a dough-like consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
- With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place on the baking sheet.
Keep the energy balls frozen up to 3 months in the freezer.
As a measure I used US cup (240ml).
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B00LGLHUA0,B074XG89C4,B005PP9ACY' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='708a2be2-f076-11e7-8f1f-f5a6c6b9ca30']