Soft and flavorful Apple Pie Energy Bites are perfect HEALTHY snack packed with nutrients. These sweet tasting balls are ADDED SUGAR-FREE and loaded with fragrant spices.
If someone hand you a plate with delicious, fragrant, still warm apple pie (topped with ice cream), would you say NO?! Didn't think so. I'm one of those people who drools over pastry shop window for pies and pushing to the front row when it comes to grabbing a slice. So I would probably be the loudest one, screaming GIMME!
I absolutely LOVE pies. And I make EXCELLENT pies (...just ask my hubby about my chocolate pie....) BUT, I'm totally lazy when it comes to making ones. YES, I'm the biggest slacker. Well, recently I found the way to satisfy my desire for apple pie with this easy to make, delicious, perfectly textured, sweet and aromatic energy bites.
These Apple Pie Energy Bites taste just like actual Apple Pie but it's like raw and super easy healthy version. It only requires few simple ingredients, a food processor, and 10 minutes of your time. OMG so perfect!
For making these apple pie energy bites, I used ALL HEALTHY nutritious stuff - oats and almonds. Almonds are rich in healthy fats, antioxidants - vitamin E and vitamin B2, and minerals - manganese, magnesium, copper, phosphorus. Also, almonds are extremely important for our digestion system because they contain a lot of fibers, and serve as food for good bacteria - probiotics - in our gut.
To make energy bites, even more nutrients, I also added chia seeds that enriched the bites with more fibers and high-quality plant-based proteins.
To make my little apple pie bites sweet, I used natural sweetener - dried Medjool dates which I previously soaked in the warm water. Soaked dates gave the bites sweetness but also a beautiful soft texture and caramel flavor. I additionally flavored the mixture with warm autumn spices - cinnamon and allspice. Allspice nicely deepened the nutty flavor of almonds.
Of course, these apple pie energy bites are not called apple pie energy bites for no reason. There's also apples in the mixture - dried ones aka. apple chips. You can make apple chips yourself at home or purchase a bag in the store. I'm a total advocate of homemade stuff BUT given that in stores can be found a good quality apple chips, I used store-bought apple chips this time.
Apple Pie Energy Bites are ...
- made with only 7 ingredients and done in 10 minutes,
- full of high-quality dietary fibers that promote good digestion, weight loss and healthy digestive system,
- rich in plant-based proteins,
- full of healthy fats that contribute to our energy levels,
- excellent post-workout snack,
- ADDED SUGAR-FREE,
- enriched with SUPERSPICE - cinnamon,
- good for heart health and our cardiovascular system,
- vegan and gluten free,
- low in calories and very nutritious.
These apple pie energy bites are the perfect post-workout snack. In fact, perfect for healthy snacking in general. OR why don't you offer these bites to your kids instead of candies!
These bites taste just like mini apple pies, and I admit, I became, even more, lazy in baking pies since I started making them. While I wait for someone to invite me for a slice of real pie, I'll continue to enjoy in these delicious and healthy apple pie energy bites. I hope you'll fall in love with them as much as I did.
Apple Pie Energy Bites
- Remove the pits from dates and soak them in hot water for several minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place in food processor. Save the water.
- Add the other ingredients - oats, almonds, chia seeds, spices and apple chips to a food processor and blend until mixture turns into paste or dough-like consistency. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
- With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet.
- Store apple pie energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.
*Use certified GLUTEN-FREE oats for gluten-free version.
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B0000DDVN7,B00TKRQWS8,B00004OCIW,B06ZZXYBX4' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='ba2c950b-b1b9-11e8-9635-db153c8823c0']
Let's connect! Find me on - Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
*** PIN for later ***