Naturally sweet and just delightful, Orange Carrot Persimmon Smoothie enriched with super spice – TURMERIC is the perfect healthy and nutritious meal for the whole family. This immune boosting smoothie is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and high-quality dietary fibers. It’s also vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free.
The flu season has started, and viruses are literally lurking around every corner. Yuck! For now, we are successfully avoiding being ill. BUT holiday break will be over soon, and my little schoolboy is returning to his classes. So I’m expecting a stronger attack from all sorts of school diseases. With that in mind, I’m extensively working on boosting my family’s immunity. Vegetable soups and stews are on our daily home menu, and super spices like turmeric and ginger are required addition to any meal. Between meals, we eat tons of fresh citrus fruits. And when I want to transform fruits into whole healthy meal, then I make smoothies. All for the sake of strengthening our immune system and preparing for more cold winter days that will come.
If you’re struggling with same problems – colds, flues and school diseases, or you’re just looking for some smoothie detoxification, then this recipe is just the right thing for you. This Orange Carrot Persimmon Smoothie has like real superpowers. It’s loaded with fresh fruits and veggies, it’s enriched with super spice turmeric and super healthy coconut oil. It even possesses some more powers from super powerful goji berries. It’s like bullet proof jacket for diseases, or washing machine for wasting toxins from your body. Things get even better… This smoothie is naturally sweetened with ripe banana and beautiful Japanese apple – persimmon, so it contains no added sugars. Real orange superhero!
Orange Carrot Persimmon Smoothie is full of vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K, as well as strong antioxidants such as beta-carotene, which protects our body against many health problems – from flu to severe cardiovascular diseases. Also, this smoothie is loaded with dietary fibers that cleanse our intestines, promote good healthy digestion and boost or metabolism.
Smoothie is mildly aromatized with vanilla flavor. I also added a bit of turmeric, but you can bearly sense it’s there so you can definitely serve this Orange Carrot Persimmon Smoothie to your kids. If YOU, on another hand, withstand strong aromatic spices, then you can add some fresh ginger too. Both turmeric and ginger add up its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits to this smoothie. I enriched this smoothie even more with super healthy coconut oil and goji berries. Wondrous goji berries are high-antioxidant food, rich in essential fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Goji berry benefits include the ability to help you fight disease, effectively manage your weight and experience better digestion.
As well as being divinely sweet, with beautiful lush texture, yet so irresistibly light, this Orange Carrot Persimmon Smoothie is rich in nutrients. A real wholesome meal you can serve for breakfast or as a snack between meals. Orange Carrot Persimmon Smoothie is simply “must” this winter, but it’s also excellent for boosting our immunity in spring before boring allergies start to attack us.
Orange Carrot Persimmon Smoothie is …
- made with fresh fruits and veggies and thus loaded with nutrients,
- rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, calcium, and iron,
- full of high-quality dietary fibers that promote good digestion, weight loss, and healthy digestive system,
- naturally sweetened with ripe banana and persimmon, so it contains no added sugars,
- enriched with healing spice – turmeric,
- full of antioxidants and beta-carotene important for strengthening our immune system,
- antibacterial and anti-inflammatory,
- good for heart health, vision and skin health,
- gluten-free, vegan,
- kid-friendly breakfast or healthy snack.
Just look at this smoothie and its gorgeous orange color. It’s literally bursting with freshness, energy, and healthfulness, right? Tell me, isn’t this Orange Carrot Persimmon Smoothie exactly what we need in these cold gloomy winter days?
∗ PIN this for later! ∗
- 1 large juicy orange, peeled
- 1 medium carrot, peeled (if organic then just washed)
- 1 persimmon
- ½ large ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (optional)
- Topping: Goji berries and coconut chips.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix until well combined. If necessary, add some water to get a smoothie desired consistency.
- Ginger is spicy, so omit the ginger for kid-friendly version.