Soft inside and beautifully flavored, these Healthy Apple Carrot Muffins are perfect treat. These muffins are made with ALL NATURAL healthy ingredients, super nutritious and loaded with healing spice CINNAMON. Wholegrain, refined sugar-free and just delicious, these muffins are great breakfast or afternoon snack.
After a series of recipes for savory dishes, I think it's time for something sweet. Many of you will probably be delighted with this Healthy Apple Carrot Muffin recipe because these beauties are low in calories and REFINED SUGAR-FREE. Say hello to guilt-free sweet treat and super healthy on-to-go breakfast.
Furthermore, you will be able to say confidently that while enjoying in this sweet-scented bites you are eating something very HEALTHY because these muffins are made with seasonal ingredients - apples and carrots and super NUTRITIOUS.
As soon as you set foot on markets and stores, you can tell that it's apple season. Apples are queen in my pantry. My grandma provided me with enormous amounts of apples from their garden so I don’t have to worry that I will run out of apples for whole fall and winter. Like all fruits and vegetables from their garden, these apples are organic which is an extra bonus.
So apples are the main fruit in our house for the last few weeks. We have raw apples as a snack, every few days I bake Apple Cinnamon Cookies and I just loveee having Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats for breakfast. But my boys also crave sweet muffins on weekends so I make them these delicious Healthy Apple carrot Muffins.
In this recipe, I used FRESH apples and carrots, whole grain flour and flavorful superspice - Ceylon cinnamon that gave muffins an overwhelming fragrance. Also, I used buttermilk which made my muffins extra soft.
Instead of using unhealthy fats - refined oils that are usually used to make muffins, I used healthier option - coconut oil. To sweeten these beautiful apple muffins, I used maple syrup.
These muffins are super soft and so sweet. + They are loaded with many NUTRIENTS. They are perfect breakfast, school snack or afternoon treat. It's easy to make recipe that will quickly become your family favorite.
Healthy Apple Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup milk cow's low-fat, or plant based
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 360F (180C). Line muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, with syrup, vanilla, buttermilk and coconut oil.
- Fold the dry into wet ingredients and whisk together until completely combined. Stir in grated apples and carrot.
- Fill muffin tin with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For buttermilk: Mix warm milk with apple cider vinegar in a cup. Set aside to curdle. Use it for making muffins and the rest you can refrigerate and use for baking.