Turmeric Latte is a creamy, sweet, and delicious SUPER DRINK that will boost your health, mood, and warm you from inside out. Learn how to make this Turmeric Latte at home and reap all the benefits of turmeric.
Turmeric is definitely number one spice in my spice cabinet. I can honestly say that I’m the biggest fan. I’m also the biggest advocate of its use. In every conversation, I urge people to incorporate this amazing spice in daily use not just because of its flavor, but because this spice has such a massive impact on our health.
Being such a HUGE fan, I’m very creative in its use. From simple Tomato Apple Soup to delicious Lemon Turmeric Balls, turmeric is a star ingredient in many of my popular sweet and savory recipes. I even use it to enhance my smoothies.
But the one thing I avoided to try for a very long time was actually Turmeric Latte. I must admit that the idea of mixing turmeric powder with a milk and making a warm drink puzzled me. I was a bit skeptical about that. But then I gave it a try …. at the Starbuck (not so proud about that)… and I actually like it. A LOT! I hurried home and recreated the recipe. After experimenting with different ingredients, ratios, and combos, I finally hit the perfect blend. Since then, I become obsessed with this powerful, delicious drink.
Yes, DELICIOUS! Turmeric Latte is frothy, smooth, and creamy. Sweet and flavorful. So drinkable. And the best part, it’s super easy to make. Plus, you get to enjoy all the benefits that turmeric offers. Win!
Turmeric Latte ingredients
To make this Turmeric Latte, you will need just a few simple ingredients:
- TURMERIC POWDER: Turmeric may be the most potent spice in existence. Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to strong antioxidant properties. (1) Antioxidants are compounds that fight cell damage, protecting our bodies from oxidative stress. They are essential for our immunity too. Curcumin is also helps relieve pain, and aid digestion and have potent anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties . (2, 3) The high antioxidant and anti-bacterial content in turmeric also means it is great for helping to reduce the symptoms of cold and flu. I recommend using organic turmeric powder, if possible.
- ALMOND MILK: Almond milk is creamy, nutty, and perfect for making a latte. It pairs so well with turmeric and other flavors. Also, almond milk is a low-calorie but very nutritious drink. It’s loaded with heart-healthy monosaturated fats and rich in several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin E. I used unsweetened almond milk here.
- COCONUT CREAM: To be digested in our body, curcumin needs to be consumed with fats. That’s why I used coconut cream here. Coconut cream is loaded with “good” saturated fats known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). (3) Coconut cream gave thickness and creaminess, and paired so well with turmeric and other spices. You can substitute coconut cream with coconut oil, MCT oil or avocado oil.
Other ingredients you’ll need:
- CEYLON CINNAMON
- GINGER POWDER
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- BLACK PEPPER: Unfortunately, curcumin is poorly absorbed into our bloodstream. That’s why it helps to consume black pepper with it, which contains piperine, a natural substance that enhances the absorption of curcumin by 2,000% (4). To get the most of your turmeric drink, sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on top of your latte.
To sweeten Turmeric Latte, you can use any sweetener you prefer or usually use. I like to add a teaspoon of raw honey. Marple syrup is another great choice. It will add sweetness, but because it’s mild in taste, it won’t overpower the frothy, silky feeling of Turmeric Milk. Date syrup wont work well here.
How to make Turmeric Latte
- Prepare and measure all ingredients using measuring cups.
- In a small pot, warm 1 cup almond milk, and 1/4 cup coconut cream. Stir over a gentle heat using the whisk. Bring milk to boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes to reduce the mixture a bit. Remove from the heath.
- Sift in 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon powder and 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder using a fine mesh strainer or sifter. Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir with the whisk until ingredients combine. Use the frother to make the froth if you like.
- Pour into a mug.
- Add sweetener if desired and to taste.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Enjoy a warming cup of wellness!
- Golden milk can also be made in advance and stored in your refrigerator for up to five days. Simply reheat it before drinking.
- You can substitute almond milk with any dairy-free milk. I prefer substituting almond milk with organic GMO-free soy milk or cashew milk. Hemp milk, coconut milk, rice milk or oat milk may not give desired creaminess and thickness. Cow’s milk wont work well here.
- Substitute coconut cream with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, MCT oil or avocado oil.
Turmeric Latte benefits
This silky smooth deliciousness is:
- Made with ALL NATURAL healthy real ingredients.
- Loaded with powerful ANTIOXIDANTS that promote good health, protect cells from damage and fight off disease.
- The ingredients in this golden milk have powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties.
- Packed with heart-healthy fats, vitamin E, calcium and iron.
- Creamy, thick and full of wonderful flavors.
- Great for boosting your immunity and mood.
- Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and soooo INCREDIBLE!
Golden milk is a delicious drink loaded with fantastic flavors. Sweet, creamy and silky smooth, this turmeric drink is not only satisfying but so HEALTHY to. It’s loaded with powerful antioxidants that provide an array of health benefits. Plus, drinking a cup of turmeric milk in the morning or just before bedtime can keep cold and flu at bay.
If you’re still in doubt, wether to try it or not, I assure you – you wont be sorry. It’s one tasty warming drink, with beautiful color and incredible taste.
Turmeric Latte (Golden Milk) recipe
This creamy Turmeric Latte is the perfect winter drink. It's sweet, delicious, and easy to make. It will boost your mood and health and warm you from inside out. Vegan, dairy-free. low-carb, gluten-free.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of black pepper
- Sweetener if desired and to taste
Prepare and measure all ingredients using measuring cups.
In a small pot, warm 1 cup almond milk, and 1/4 cup coconut cream. Stir over a gentle heat using the whisk. Bring milk to boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes to reduce the mixture a bit. Remove from the heath.
Sift in 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon powder and 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder using a fine mesh strainer or sifter. Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir with the whisk until ingredients combine. Use the frother to make the froth if you like.
Pour into a mug.
Add sweetener if desired and to taste.
Sprinkle with black pepper.
Enjoy a warming cup of wellness!
You can substitute almond milk with any dairy-free milk. I prefer substituting almond milk with organic GMO-free soy milk or cashew milk. Hemp milk, coconut milk, rice milk or oat milk may not give desired creaminess and thickness. Cow's milk wont work well here.
Substitute coconut cream with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, MCT oil or avocado oil.
Tips for storing
Golden milk can also be made in advance and stored in your refrigerator for up to five days. Simply reheat it before drinking.
As a measure, I used US cup (240ml).
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.
More turmeric recipes
- Orange Mango Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- Cacao Turmeric Hot Chocolate
- Turmeric Maca Powder Cacao Energy Balls
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Yogurt Lemon Smoothie
- Easy Carrot Ginger Soup
If you’ve tried this Turmeric Latte recipe or any other recipe on Natalie’s Health, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you!