This simple, yet so delicious Strawberry Chia Pudding is perfect nutritious breakfast that is decadent enough to be a dessert too. It's loaded with fresh fruity flavor, lightly sweet and totally addictive. A satisfying guilt-free treat that's refined sugar-free, HEALTHY and packed with superfoods!
After carrots that dominated in my kitchen for the last couple of weeks and after this crazy carrot cake spree I was on, the time has come for me to get obsessed with another delicious thingy that is now totally in season - STRAWBERRIES. Fresh strawberries just appeared in the local store, and I am all over them.
Honestly, how can you even resist these bright and beautiful heart-shaped delights?! Lightly sweet, juicy and extra tasty, they can make your day instantly better. And that was precisely what happened to me the other day.
I woke up all moody and feeling like blah, you know. When I went to the fridge to make myself breakfast and saw fresh strawberries, the inspiration struck me then and there... like instantly! I assembled this Strawberry Chia Pudding in the blink of the eye. It turned out creamy with just the right amount of fruity freshness. A perfect super tasty, healthy breakfast that definitely has the power to brighten your day.
Actually, my husband is all to blame for this strawberry stunner. I probably would have done Strawberry Smoothie that morning, BUT after we had Raspberry Chia Pudding for Valentine's Day, he wanted us to have more such sweet fruity breakfasts with chia seeds.
With the Spring and strawberry season that just started + the fact that chia seed pudding IS one powerful breakfast to have in the morning, I quickly connected the dots. Strawberry Chia Pudding was only a logical thing to make but also the best thing that happened to me that morning.
Bright red and bursting with flavor, fresh strawberries combined with mighty chia seeds did the amazing job turning moody Monday morning into a perfect, super-charged day.
How to make strawberry chia pudding
This is like the EASIEST, super healthy breakfast recipe you can imagine. No brainer really. And you'll only need a few simple ingredients:
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet and they are stapled in my pantry. Loaded with nutrients - fibers, healthy omega-3s, and many essential minerals and vitamins, these little seeds are just impressive. Chia pudding is one of the most popular ways to eat chia seeds. When mixing with liquid seeds gelled up and the mixture transforms into pudding. General ratio is 1/4 cup seeds to 1 cup liquid, but I kinda prefer dense texture so I use 1/3 cup seeds to 1 cup liquid.
- Milk: Non-dairy milk such as almond or soy milk is the best choice for making this fruity chia pudding. I prefer using organic soy milk because it's naturally sweeter and neutral, so it doesn't interfere with other flavors. I don’t recommend using cows milk or coconut milk here simply because it will ruin the taste.
- Peanut butter: I used creamy, natural peanut butter that is without any added sugars or salt.... because, why adding unnecessary sugary calories in this beautiful breakfast treat, right?! Peanut butter contributed greatly to the overall creamy texture but also paired so nicely with strawberries.
To make this chia seed pudding extra special, I also tossed in some SUPERFOODS:
- Ceylon cinnamon paired so nicely with fresh strawberries and gave unbelievable scent.
- Maca powder has this deep earthy flavor, root-like, flavor that goes so well with strawberry freshness. Also, maca is known energy/mood booster and thus great to have in the morning.
- Baobab powder boosted this chia seed pudding to a whole new level, adding fibers and a whole lot of vitamin C – a powerful antioxidant and immune booster.
Definitely, my favorite things in this whole story are STRAWBERRIES. While mostly known for its amazing sweet taste, strawberries are also nutritional powerhouses with many health benefits. They are great source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. + They help to keep our heart-healthy and help to reduce inflammation too. Not to mention they are low-calorie fruit great for weight-loss.
Fresh strawberries are the best here, but frozen will work fine too. If you're using frozen strawberries, you might expect creamier and dense texture so you'll probably need to add extra liquid - milk.
There are THREE ways you can prepare Strawberry Chia Pudding:
- One way is to pure fresh strawberries with the fork (or crush frozen strawberries) and put it in the jar. Then add milk and chia seeds + peanut butter, maca, baobab, vanilla and the sweetener. Close the jar with the lid and shake it. Wait 15 minutes for chia pudding to form. You'll get smooth chia pudding with pieces of chewy strawberries inside.
- The second way is to blend fresh or frozen strawberries with the milk, peanut butter, maca, baobab, vanilla and the sweetener in the blender. You then put fruity milk mixture in the jar and add chia seeds. Close the jar with the lid and shake it. Wait 15 minutes for chia pudding to form. You'll get smooth chia pudding with nice fruity flavor.
- The third way (my preferred, the easiest way) is to just blend all strawberry chia pudding ingredients, pour the mixture in the jar and wait for 15 minutes. You'll get really creamy chia pudding with delightful fruity flavor.
This healthy strawberry chia seed pudding is absolutely perfect breakfast that is decadent enough to be a dessert too. Lightly sweet, bursting with fresh strawberry flavor, and heavenly creamy, this chia seed pudding is a really special treat. Satisfying, nutritious and very filling, it will keep you full and very happy for hours.
If you’re a fan of CHIA PUDDING, check these recipes too:
Pineapple Coconut Chia Pudding
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding
Peach Ginger Chia Seed Pudding
Strawberry Chia Pudding
For Strawberry Chia Pudding:
- 1/2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- For Strawberry Chia Pudding: In the blender, combine all the ingredients and process until you get a smooth mixture. Taste and add more sweetener if needed. Pour in a glass.
- Topping: In a bowl mix diced strawberries with cinnamon.
- Top the strawberry chia pudding with the fresh strawberry cinnamon mix.
- Garnish with bee pollen and fresh mint.
*** PIN for later ***