Cinnamon Vanilla Donuts are perfect quick treat your whole family will love. These delicious donuts are covered with chocolate. perfectly flavored but 100% HEALTHY - whole grain and REFINED-SUGAR-FREE. Yummy and easy to make.
It's carnival time here in Croatia, and that means only one thing - it's time for DONUTS! Fatty, sugar-sprinkled, jam / Nutella-filled donuts. People are very enthusiastic about overeating with these sugary, fatty treats, but me.. kinda NOT.
But don't think we healthy-eaters don't enjoy carnival donuts too. Yes, we are! But we make healthy ones. Like Double Chocolate Banana Donuts or BUU spooky Ghost Vanilly Donuts. Today I'm sharing yet another of my family favorite donut recipe - this Cinnamon Vanilla Donuts that are everything but overloaded with unnecessary calories. These are delicious, chocolate covered perfect treat.
For making these Cinnamon Vanilla Donuts I used all HEALTHY ingredients - whole grain flour, maple syrup, and coconut oil, and I used spices - vanilla and Ceylon cinnamon to give donuts this amazing flavor and scent. In takes just about 15 minutes in the oven, and donuts are ready for coating with my favorite raw dark chocolate.
This time I decorated these donuts with colorful sprinkles, but you can sprinkle these with shredded coconut, carob, poppy seeds or ground nuts. The options are numerous.
These delightful little donuts are are BAKED IN THE OVEN. Meaning - added fat-free!
All you need to make oven baked donuts is a donut pan. Seriously, get one NOW! This donut combo pan kit is amazing - it has everything you need to make HEALTHY donuts at home. Use my code: DONUT15N and get a special 15% discount when purchasing.
These round chocolate covered Cinnamon Vanilla Donuts are beauties you just don't want miss trying. They will delight you - they are simple to make and absolutely delicious. + HEALTHY too, baked in the oven without added fat and REFINED SUGAR-FREE.
I can only say, omnomnom till next year and carnival time. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Vanilla Donuts
- 1 ½ cup whole grain flour
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil melted and cooled
- 4 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 4 tablespoon plant based milk
- Colorful sprinkles for topping.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease donut pan.
- In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients - flour, salt, baking powder, soda and ground cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites. Add melted coconut oil, syrup or honey, vanilla extract and milk and gently stir.
- Add wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fill donut pan with the mixture. Make sure you don't overfill.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes until donuts get nicely golden.
- Remove from oven and allow donuts to cool for 5 minutes.
- Tip donuts out and dip into a chocolate topping. Sprinkle with colorful sprinkles, chia seeds or coconut flakes.
- For chocolate topping: Mix all ingredients in a bowl until you get smooth mixture.
These are my recommendation for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B0749FLCJ6,B00XYPRJ7A,B002BFQR3G,B071Z925LH' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='7a456b83-dd1d-11e8-bbca-0986832ed807']