This protein-rich Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is perfect mood-boosting breakfast. It's filling and ready in 5 minutes! Satisfying, decadent yet totally healthy. Also, creamy, rich, chocolaty and with an ice-cream-like texture. So good!
My husband has finally acknowledged that smoothies as a real breakfast meal. I consider that to be a great deal 'cause he's really a fan of solid food breakfast - like Peanut Butter Overnight Oats.
For years he's been watching me having my smoothies in the morning and I know he's been doubtful about that sweet substance being satisfying enough to replace a meal. He's been sipping on smoothies mainly as a late afternoon pick me up drink - never thought smoothie can be a satisfying real meal.
Well, to prove him wrong, few weeks ago I offered him Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie. And then I made him Apple Peanut Butter Smoothie the next day. Both kept him full till afternoon. That's when his perspective started to change. Then last week he desired something more chocolatey so I whipped him this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie turned out to be huge success. It made him change his mind like completely. And I totally understand why. It's creamy, full of this profound chocolate flavor and loaded with this incredible nuttiness. Very VERY delicious... and so addictive.
This smoothie is not only pure chocolate delight but also but also very satisfying, loaded with essential nutrients and SUPERFOODS - natural plant-based proteins, potassium from sweet banana, fibers and omega-3s from seeds. Just beyond delicious and super HEALTHY with many benefits to our health.
For this simple smoothie, you will need simple ingredients:
- MILK: As a base, I used unsweetened organic soy milk. This plant-based milk alternative is an excellent source of PROTEIN, dietary fiber, and healthy fats. Plus it’s loaded with many vitamins - like vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin B-6 and B-12, and essential minerals - like potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium. I use soy milk when I want to boost that protein intake in my meals.
- PEANUT BUTTER: I used creamy all natural peanut butter here. Peanut butter is is not only super tasty but super healthy too. It's packed with proteins and monounsaturated fat that promotes good heart health, as well with fibers. (1)
- BANANA: This smoothie is completely added sugar-free. The natural sweetness comes from ripe banana, which I use in may of my sugar-free drinks and smoothies. In this smoothie I used a frozen banana which gave nice creamy thick texture.
- CACAO POWDER: Raw, powdered cacao is full of flavonoids, which act as natural antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body from aging and disease caused by free radicals. Cacao has the highest antioxidant value of all the natural foods in the world. Also, cacao is the highest plant-based source of iron and magnesium - the most deficient mineral in the Western world. + It's a natural mood elevator and antidepressant.
To make it so rich in proteins I didn't have to use any store bought protein powders. I added natural protein-rich foods - hemp seeds and flax seeds.
- HEMP SEEDS: Hemp seeds are loaded with amino acids, fatty acids, proteins, and many essential minerals. These tiny powerful seeds are also high in heart-healthy, anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats and antioxidants.
- FLAX SEEDS: Flax seeds are also powerful little seeds loaded with plant-based proteins, omega-3 fats, and many essential minerals but also an excellent source of fibers important for digestion and healthy gut. Yippy!
I also added a bit of vanilla extract, to intensify flavors.
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Making this gorgeous strawberry drink is quite easy. No brainer, really. 5 minutes + 3 ingredients + a good blender and you'll have it ready.
- Prepare and measure all ingredients using measuring cups.
- Take a blender and add all ingredients and mix on high speed until you get even texture.
- Taste the smoothie and add additional sweetener if is not sweet enough. I recommend using raw honey or maple syrup, or stevia. This is totally based on your preference.
- If smoothie is too thick, add a little more liquid – ice cubes or water. Blend again until everything is well combined.
- Transfer smoothie into a drinking glass.
- ADD TOPPINGS: I like raw crushed cacao beans. You can choose toppings you like.
- Serve immediately with a large straw.
- Makes 1 glass that serves 1 person.
Tips for storing
- Keep in sealed glass jar or bottle in the refrigerator for up to one day.
- Stir or shake well before using.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is:
- Loaded with nutrients that promote good health.
- Made with ALL NATURAL healthy ingredients.
- Powered with SUPERFOODS – raw cacao powder, hemp seeds and flax seeds.
- Completely ADDED SUGAR-FREE.
- Full of wonderful chocolate flavor.
- Packed with plant-based proteins, heart-healthy fats. and dietary fibers.
- Rich in powerful antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, calcium and iron.
- Great post workout meal.
- Vegan, gluten free, and beyond delicious!
This smoothie is beyond tasty. It's super nutritious and so filling. It will keep you full for a LONG time. Plus this chocolate beauty is super easy to make and pack to go. No matter how busy you are in the morning, now you have NO excuse to skip breakfast.
If you're a lover of creamy peanut butter chocolatey flavors then you MUST try this smoothie. My hubby is hooked. I think you will become a fan of this delightful drink too after just one sip.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie recipe
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and desired consistency is reached.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more liquid - milk or ice cubes and blend again.