Decadent, soft and fragrant, Chocolate Cinnamon Balls are perfect guilt-free treat. These little delights are loaded with bittersweet dark chocolate flavor, so delicious and yet so HEALTHY - made with all natural ingredients and without added sugars. Perfect holiday dessert or healthy snack anytime.
Christmas is super close, and I'm sure you've started thinking about this year's holiday menu. I DEFINITELY am! I already started planning this year feast - I'm looking for some new recipes and ways to surprise my family with new treats. But I'm also looking forward to spend time with my family and friends celebrating.
I don't know about you, but I really love to have my holiday table filled with bite-size sweet treats, like Hazelnut Chocolate Balls, Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies and Vanilla Almond Cookies. All these served on beautifully decorated holiday table, surrounded by candles gets me into Holiday mood like instantly.
It's beautiful and at same time irresistible. And the fact that all these Christmas treats are guit-free and HEALTHY ... well that's what I call real Holiday!
Chocolate Cinnamon Balls are just that - delicious, guilt-free and perfect for your holiday table. + These little chocolate delights are super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
As a base for making these Chocolate Cinnamon Balls I used walnuts and almonds. Walnuts are just like almonds, full of plant-based proteins, healthy omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins - especially vitamin B1, B2 and B6, folic acid and minerals - magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese. SUPER healthy!
Walnuts also helps lower bad cholesterol and keep our heart healthy, and if you eat walnuts in moderation, you'll get all the health benefits with minimal risk of gaining weight.
What makes these Chocolate Cinnamon Balls extra special is raw cacao. Cacao is like REAL superfood. It's full of magnesium and iron, as well as the powerful antioxidants that protect our body from getting sick. Also raw cacao reduces the stress and makes our brain very happy. I love that about cacao. I really do.
To make Chocolate Cinnamon Balls sweet, I used natural sweetener – Medjool dates which I previously soaked in the warm water. Soaked dates gave the sweetness but also a beautiful soft texture and almost caramel flavor.
I also added a bit of carob powder that gave more sweetness and distinctive aroma and I used beautifully scented Ceylon cinnamon that made these little beauties so fragrant and so delightful. Cinnamon has nicely complemented a bittersweet cacao flavor and deepened overall taste. And finally I rolled Chocolate Cinnamon Balls sweet into raw cacao, to make them more chocolatey. I LOVE that.
These Chocolate Cinnamon Balls sweet are perfect dessert for holidays but also a healthy snack any time during the year. Also these sweet little bites are great edible Holiday gift!
Chocolate Cinnamon Balls ...
- are made with only 6 ingredients and done in 10 minutes,
- are full of healthy fats and healthy omega 3 fatty acids,
- are rich in plant-based proteins,
- contains no added sugars,
- vegan and gluten free,
- are enriched with healing spice - cinnamon,
- are full of vitamins - vitamin B1, B2 and B6, folic acid and minerals - magnesium and manganese,
- are full of antioxidants that protects our body from illness,
- helps regulate blood pressure, normal blood sugar levels and cholesterol,
- are good for heart health and our cardiovascular system,
- helps reducing stress and depression, and improves our general mood,
- are very nutritious.
Chocolate Cinnamon Balls
- Remove the pits from dates and soak them in hot water for several minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place in food processor. Save the water.
- Add the other ingredients - almonds, walnuts, cacao powder, carob and cinnamon to a food processor and blend until mixture turns into paste or dough-like consistency. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
- With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls into raw cacao powder. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Store chocolate cinnamon balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.
These are my picks for this recipe:
[amazon_link asins='B074XG89C4,B00KH9PR48,B00ISUCI68' template='MyPicks' store='natalieshealt-20' marketplace='US' link_id='1cc1ffe0-e3f8-11e7-8d04-33ed434db046']