Warming and loaded with nutrients, this creamy immune boosting Carrot Ginger Soup makes perfect lunch or dinner. It's delicious, filled with healing spices - ginger and turmeric. A true comforting buddy perfect for any season.
The weather gets warmer here, and the sun has finally decided to show up (yey for that!). Regardless the warmer weather we continue to have hot soups for dinners. Soup warm us nicely and actually serve as a comfort after a long day at work and in school.
And while we eat our daily soup, in our tummies, it creates a pleasant warmth, which overwhelms us - from the inside out. It gives us much needed energy boost. Afterwards we are pleased and we feel how our body is thanking us for that warm, comfy, healthy meal..... ZEN! ...
Ok, now I'm making a bigger deal than it actually is... but one is true. We do feel good, and we do love our soup. Soups are nutritious, good for our bodies and simply beautiful. Like this Carrot Ginger Soup I'm sharing with you today.
It's deliciously creamy and flavorful. So HEALTHY. So good! One bowl sometimes is just not enough.
To make this soup I used beautiful root veggies - carrots and CELERIAC (aka celery root) both now in season. In here, stores are FILLED with this magnificent veggies. Shelves are literally bursting with yellow-orange and white colors. And the prices are so sooo low that I cry tears of joy every time I'm in the supermarket.
Unfortunately, I have noticed that despite all their nutritional and health benefits, celeriac is a rather neglected vegetable. People just don't know how healthy it is! And maybe the biggest problem is that people just don't know how to use it and prepare it.
Celeriac is powerful veggie, full of minerals - potassium, sodium, calcium, phosphorus, copper and iron, as well as vitamins C, E, K and vitamin B. It's great for heart health. I love him for that! It also lowers the blood pressure and blood sugar levels and is an excellent diuretic and urinary antiseptic (for those who have problems with bladder and inflammation << hmm ME ).
Besides, celeriac is low-calorie veggie and full of high-quality fiber and thus an ideal for weight loss. Now tell me, did I just inspired you to cook with celeriac more? ... I know I did.
I flavored this Carrot Ginger Soup with healing super spices - spicy fresh GINGER, aromatic TURMERIC, and wonderfully fragrant CUMIN. Do you remember my obsession with turmeric and using it in EVERYTHING? ... in smoothies, desserts? Well, I'm still kinda obsessed. But it's all good... I didn't turn all yellow ... YET! Although my wooden spoons and kitchen cloths did.
This soup is also super easy to make. In 30 minutes. That's why it's PERFECT for busy families who wants to eat healthy meal with the spoon during weekdays.
Beside being super healthy and utterly creamy and delicious, this Carrot Ginger Soup is budget friendly too. A few carrots and a piece of celeriac will cost you almost nothing, and soup can stand in the refrigerator up for 3-4 days. When you get tired of this soup, just put it in a ziplock bag and freeze it.
Let's meditate a bit more why we all NEED to love this Carrot Ginger Soup, shall we.
Carrot Ginger Soup is ...
- loaded with nutrients - fibers, vitamin A, vitamin K , B and C, and minerals - potassium and iron,
- requires few ingredients, and it's super easy to make,
- it strengthens the immune system and cleanses the body of toxins,
- anti-inflammatory and antibacterial,
- a budget friendly family meal,
- low in calories and helps with weight loss,
- vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
Carrot Ginger Soup is soooo perfectly creamy, bright and flavorful... it's completely irresistible. The sweet and spicy aroma in this soup will totally thrill you. Plus you can eat this soup year-round, because it's equally delicious served HOT and COLD.
So enough talking... go and grab some carrots, ginger, turmeric ... and CELERIAC ... and start cooking.
Easy Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 large carrots peeled and cubed
- 1 cup celeriac root peeled and cubed
- 2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cup water
- 1 inch (2.5cm) fresh ginger root peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring often until onion is translucent.
- Add carrots and celeriac root. Cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Don't let the carrots or onion brown.
- Pour in vegetable broth and water. Bring to a boil. Add ginger, cover and cook for at least 20 minutes, or until carrots and celeriac are tender.
- Remove from the heat. Puree in blender until very smooth. Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in turmeric, cumin and cayenne pepper. Season to taste. Pour the soup into bowls and serve.
- Garnish with cumin and/or parsley.
∗ PIN this for later! ∗