Cabbage Carrot Slaw made with FRESH veggies - green cabbage, carrots, celeriac root and sweet corn is the ultimate summer salad. Crunchy, sweet and tangy with the touch of ginger freshness, this salad is both delicious and super simple! Great addition to family dinner or BBQ.
I LOVE cabbage! Especially the fresh and crunchy, young spring green cabbage. It's healthy, full of amazing nutrients, crunchy and just delicious!
Since young spring cabbage first appeared on the market, it's on our daily menu. Me and my husband, we literally eat cabbage almost every day. We love cabbage stew but most favorite are the cabbage coleslaws. YES! My husband is a huge fan of slaws.
But non-salad excites him more than this Cabbage Carrot Slaw. And he's right to love this salad so much. Fresh crispy Cabbage Carrot Slaw is the best thing that can happen to you this spring.
This salad may sound ordinary and like nothing special. BUT believe me... it's one colorful bowl of pure HEALTH and instant happiness. To make this beautiful salad I used young green cabbage, fresh carrots and celery root - celeriac. If you haven't incorporated celeriac in your meals, please do it like right NOW. It's sooo healthy, and sooo flavorful and good. I also added sweet corn that has that lovely soft texture... great addition to any salad if you ask me.
Cabbage Carrot Slaw is full of nutrients - especially dietary fibers that are great for our digestion and weight-loss. It's loaded with vitamins that boost our immunity. Green cabbage is full of vitamin K, vitamin C and vitamin B6 crucial for keeping our immune system up and running. I'm telling you this because of those spring allergies that are going on in this time of year... so let us help our bodies fight those nasty inflammations ... with cabbage off course.
Also, cabbage is an excellent source of many essential minerals - like manganese. Carrot, celeriac and cabbage are great body cleansers, so this Cabbage Carrot Slaw is great for spring detox too.
Cabbage Carrot Slaw is great because it's...
- super easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients,
- full of high-quality dietary fibers that promote good digestion and weight loss,
- rich in manganese, vitamin A, K, vitamin C and B6,
- full of antioxidants - beta carotene that protect our body and support the immune system,
- rich in HEALTHY monounsaturated fats,
- rich in antioxidants that protect our body and support the immune system
- contains healing super spice - GINGER,
- low-calorie, dairy-free, vegetarian, gluten free and vegan.
- perfect office lunch, picnic meal or BBQ party side dish,
- crunchy and just delicious!
Well cooled this Cabbage Carrot Slaw is sooo refreshing. Perfect for upcoming warmer days. It's a great addition to any meal, but it can also serve as office lunch or light dinner.
As dressing I used simple apple cider vinaigrette made with extra virgin olive oil a few drops of lime. I enhanced the mixture with a bit of fresh ginger too... for some extra spiciness. Ginger goes really well with crunchy, deep root-veggie flavors.
Cabbage Carrot Slaw
For the salad:
- 1 small green cabbage head , shredded
- 2 medium carrots , roughly grated
- 1 medium celeriac , roughly grated
- 1 cup sweet corn
- Place shredded cabbage, carrots and celeriac in a large salad bowl. Add sweet corn and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Add apple cider vinegar and salt to taste. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and serve.