If you're looking easy, light but nutritious salad, made from seasonal autumn ingredients, here's a recipe for you. This salad will certainly shake you up from autumn blues and cheer you up. It's great as side dish, office snack or light lunch.
It combines bittery taste of escarole green salad and nutty walnuts with sweet taste of apples and dried cranberries. For this salad you can use any bittery taste greens, depending on season, like endivia or arugula (rucola).
For dressing I used simple apple cinder vinegar, honey and a bit of olive oil. Sweet and sour dressing further elevates the entire salad taste. Enjoy!
Apple Walnuts Salad
- 1 medium sweet apple
- 1 bowl escarole endivia salad
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Core and chop apples in thin slices.
- Toss greens, apples, walnuts and cranberries together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Top salad with dressing right before serving.