Crispy Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders made without added fat are the perfect low-calorie, quick and HEALTHY family meal. Tenders are coated in cornflakes for extra crunch, enriched with aromatic spices and baked to golden perfection. Served with homemade Honey Dijon Sauce, these tenders are delicious gameday finger food too.
This week was crazy. Absolutely CRAZY! The jolly holidays are over… noeees … my little schoolboy, has returned to his classes (I was kinda missing home works… NOT! ) and both husband and I are back in an everyday routine. Honestly, after three weeks of holidays, returning to the routine felt hard for all of us. Luckily, our kid had afternoon classes this week, so we didn’t have to wake up early. But then again, we had to work late and when we pick up our kid from school everything was messed up. Believe me, in crazy weekdays like this, there’s no greater stress than a hungry back-from-school child who demands dinner served like IMMEDIATELY. And here’s where our cooking imagination and mom-MAGIC comes to light. How to prepare a healthy nutritious meal for the whole family in a hurry? Only WE know that magic right!
Crispy Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders are just that – quick, healthy and nutritious meal prepared in less than 30 minutes with just a few ingredients. Your family – especially your kids, will LOVEEE this chicken tenders because they are crispy on the outside yet tender and juicy on the inside and just tasting de-li-ci-ous. You’ll be very pleased because, after this meal, what you will get is one happy, well-fed family… and only a few dishes to wash. Crispy Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders are also special because they are not fried but baked in the oven, so these chicken tenders do not contain additional mostly unhealthy extra fat. And while chicken tenders are baking in oven, you can dedicate your time to other activities, like cleaning the bathroom (how ’bout NO)
To make these Crispy Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders I’ve used chicken white meat – chicken fillet (chicken-breast halves) that are full of high-quality proteins. I cut up the chicken meat into thin sticks, added salt and rolled them into cornflakes mixture in which I added spices. Today’s recipe I prepared in two ways: one is suitable for kids, while other is more for lovers of spicy food. So you can spice up the cornflakes mixture with mild-tasting sweet paprika (for kid-friendly version) or with spicy cayenne pepper. The spicy Crispy Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders goes perfectly with homemade Honey Dijon Sauce. The sweet and sour tasting sauce wonderfully complements the spicy chicken tenders. Spicy Crispy Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders with homemade Honey Dijon Sauce are perfect for when you’re having guests, for game day or parties.
Also, I spiced up cornflakes mixture with some garlic granules. Garlic gave beautiful aroma but also enriched this meal with its health benefits. If you can, make sure you use the garlic from local organic farming. The taste of organic garlic is way more aromatic and doesn’t harm the stomach because it isn’t treated with harming chemicals. I’m always using organic garlic granules for preparing our favorite meals like Chicken Parmesan or Roasted Garlic Parmesan Potatoes.
I’m sure these Crispy Baked Cornflake Chicken Tenders will delight you. Crunchy on the outside and inside perfectly juicy and tender. Aromatic, healthy and just perfect! Enjoy!
∗ PIN this for later! ∗
- 2 ½ cups cornflakes, crushed
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1lb (400 g) chicken fillet (skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules (or garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika or ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey or syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- In two separate bowls prepare flour and eggs slightly beaten. In a third bowl, combine the crushed cornflakes, garlic, and paprika or cayenne pepper.
- Cut chicken fillet into thin strips. Sprinkle with salt.
- Dip chicken strips into flour, then into eggs; roll in crumb cornflake mixture to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Put baking paper into baking pan.
- Arrange chicken strips onto baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely golden.
- Serve immediately with sauce and side dish of your choice.
- For the Honey Dijon Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a deep bowl until well combined.
- Cayenne pepper is very spicy, so omit if you're serving chicken tenders to children or people with sensitive bellies.